Question

Student
genkohp
Message 1 of 4 (4,815 Views)
Accepted Solution

how to turn on and off the monitor on a time schedule? i use hp 6100 as a display and i would like

HP TouchSmart 610 , Windows 7 64 bit is used for public display of information.

I would like to find a way to schedule the monitor operation ON and OFF. I want to turn the monitor ONLY during the night.

What would you suggest?

Intern
easyskanker
Message 2 of 4 (4,810 Views)

Re: how to turn on and off the monitor on a time schedule? i use hp 6100 as a display and i would li

Hi

Download Nircmd from here:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/nircmd.html

Nircmd is a tiny and free command line tool to do just about anything

The zip file will contain 2 .exe files, it's easier to install the one that goes into your windows directory.

Then make 2 simple batch files using the following scripts:

to turn off dislay:

@echo off.

nircmd.exe monitor off

and to turn on:

@echo off.

nircmd.exe monitor off

Then use windows scheduler to automate the 2 batch files and make sure your power options in windows are set to never turn off your display or  computer.

Hope it helps!

Intern
easyskanker
Message 3 of 4 (4,809 Views)

Re: how to turn on and off the monitor on a time schedule? i use hp 6100 as a display and i would li

sorry that should be:

to turn monitor on

@echo off.

nircmd.exe monitor on

:smileywink:

Student
Tussockland
Message 4 of 4 (726 Views)

Hi, I'm fairly new to the "Windows Scheduler", but found this nircmd worked great.

Seems there are a few other ways to do it also.

You could make two shortcuts to nircmd with the command-line option "monitor off" (and another with "On") edited into each shortcut, then schedule these shortcuts for on and off.

But even simpler, you can get the scheduler to open nircmd both times, and add the options for On and Off under "Add arguments"!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation