mouse moves automatically to left corner of HP TouchSmart 320 PC using Windows 7 (300 Views)
Top Student
Insexec
Message 1 of 9 (300 Views)

mouse moves automatically to left corner of HP TouchSmart 320 PC using Windows 7

My mouse jumps to top left corner of my HP TouchSmart 320 PC using Windows 7. In the middle of typing the mouse jumps to the corner of the screen. I have installed new batteries but no change.

Top Student
Insexec
Message 2 of 9 (271 Views)

Re: mouse moves automatically to left corner of HP TouchSmart 320 PC using Windows 7

I need to add that I have run multiple virus scans and unchecked the "snap to" feature but it has not changed anything. Very frustrating.

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 3 of 9 (252 Views)

Re: mouse moves automatically to left corner of HP TouchSmart 320 PC using Windows 7

Hello Insexec. I understand you are experiencing a strange mouse issues. Just to cover all of your based, I would perform a system recovery of the computer. Alternative, you could try uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse driver, or try a different mouse. However, a system recovery will become essential if the issue is not resolved with the suggestions I listed. Here is some information on how to perform a system recovery.

Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. I'm only here to help!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Insexec
Message 4 of 9 (248 Views)

Thanks. I have tried unistalling/installing the mouse drivers and also tried a new mouse but those actions have not helped. I will try a system recovery over the weekend. Appreciate your help

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 5 of 9 (235 Views)

Please let me know what happens. If you believe the instructions I provided are helpful, please mark my post with a Kudos and Accepted Solution so others can locate this information easily.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Insexec
Message 6 of 9 (206 Views)

A system recovery to factory setting did not resolve the issue. It just created more work to install all my programs and documents all over again.
HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 7 of 9 (177 Views)

That is interesting. Assuming the correct drivers are installed correctly, there is a potential hardware failure. I will continue to research, just to be certain.

One question: Has this issue occurred since you first purchased it?

Mario

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
Insexec
Message 8 of 9 (172 Views)

It has not occurred before. I even moved that PC to another part of the house after the system restore and it did not resolve the issue. This is very frustrating.
Top Student
Insexec
Message 9 of 9 (118 Views)

I have now also tried a wired mouse and still no success.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation