Question

Top Student
charleshobby
Message 1 of 4 (1,026 Views)

my touchsmart will not boot allI get is a blue screen with f key to do different things

My Touch smart desk top will not boot when I turn it on all I get is a blue screen with HP in the center and f key functions

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 2 of 4 (1,024 Views)

Re: my touchsmart will not boot allI get is a blue screen with f key to do different things

Hello charleshobby:

Your computers start up has been corrupted. No big deal. Turn on your computer hold down on F-8 key as you turn it on. This should put you in safe mode. If f-8 key fails then just disconnect the power cord at the power adapter and plug it back in and turn on your computer (This is called a fource start up) automatically puts your computer into safe mode. Use your arrow kek select safe mode with net work. Top one I belive. In safe mode close out Help and Support window displayed. Open up Recovery Manger and select Microsoft System Restore. Click next then click next again now a list of dates will appair choose a date before this event occured. Click next and let your computer complete the sytem restore. My guess Microsft up dates caused this issue. After this is finished now go back and change all your update setting to down load up dates but let me choose witch ones to install. Only install three at a time. To a void future occurances and black screen or blue screen issues. Follow these steps for blue screen or black screen. Please click on Kudos if this has resolved your issue. Thank you frrw.

Top Student
charleshobby
Message 3 of 4 (1,022 Views)

Re: my touchsmart will not boot allI get is a blue screen with f key to do different things

frrw I tried everything you sugested but it still will not boot the screen is blue with HP logo in center and with f9 f 10 esc and f11 to select but still did not boot

Associate Professor
frrw
Message 4 of 4 (996 Views)

Hello charleshobby:

So fource start up failed. This is bad either your memory cards are bad or hard drive is on way out. You need to call HP Direct Support on this one. They can give you better advice on what things should be reset and how to trouble shoot it externally. They will might have you do a hard drive reset or memory sector checks. Also get an estimated repair cost. Sometimes it cheeper to buy another new computer then repair an old one. Check your status on your warranty as well. Hp computers come with a one year warranty. frrw

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation