Question

Tutor
Xcode18
Message 1 of 3 (775 Views)
Accepted Solution

recovery partition boot

[ Edited ]

I did a clean install of windows 7 ultimate on my (touchsmart 600-1220)

I didnt touch the recovery partition, what I want is to restore my pc to its factory state, I searched befor posting this and the only solution was (in addition to ordering recovery disks) is setting the recovery partition as active or pressing F11 on boot, but none works

where can I install HP Backup and Recovery manager ( it had  cyberlink logo as I remember) ?? didnt find on HP support

or is thre a way to burn the files on a set of DVDs ?? I do have access to the files ( the size is about 11.4 GB) ??

also, is the reason why F11 isnt working is because the MBR (master boot record) was modefied ??

Please, I really need help here, I would buy recovery disks if th recovery partition is corrupted, but its not, the only problem is that am not able to boot from recovery partition, any help excluding recovery disks would be great

thanks 

PhD Student
dianebrat
Message 2 of 3 (764 Views)

Re: recovery partition boot

You can buy the Recovery DVDs from HP for under $30 US, the machine also nagged you previously but at some point you probably said "don't bother me anymore"

By far the easiest way to handle this is to buy them at this point.

Tutor
Xcode18
Message 3 of 3 (761 Views)

Re: recovery partition boot

Oh well, I'll buy them then Thanks
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation