Question

Honor Student
Hotbed
Message 1 of 15 (14,464 Views)
Accepted Solution

screen brightness

Hi,just bought this iq510, and i've been looking all over to try to turn down the screen brightness, i see symbols on F10 and F11 but there dosen't appear to be any tutorial on the keyboard. Any ideas?
Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 15 (14,461 Views)

Re: screen brightness

Hold down the Fn key and then press the F10/F10 keys to raise or lower brightness. Make sure you don't kill the keyboard background/OSD tasks (using MSConfig) or else this function goes away.
... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Honor Student
Hotbed
Message 3 of 15 (14,398 Views)

Of course, Fn, short for function, how stupid am i, (don't answer that) thanks a lot RasterBlaster.
CMS Honor Student
Honor Student
CMS
Message 4 of 15 (14,024 Views)

How do you get it to retain that setting after the display blanks (after idle)? I found after the screen comes back on the brightness is back up full again! Same after sleep or hibernate...

... another HP employee --- confused :/

Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 5 of 15 (14,016 Views)

You have to go into nVidia control panel (right-click desktop, select nVidia control Panel) -> Advanced -> Display -> Adjsut Desktop Color Settings, Adjust the Brightness Slider -> Click Apply/OK.
... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Honor Student
Hotbed
Message 6 of 15 (14,009 Views)

Now that's just odd, after adjusting my brightness using Fn and F10, it's stayed as i set it, even after a shutdown! Blinking computers! Even supposedly identical machines seem to work differently from one another.
Tutor
radioshortwave
Message 7 of 15 (11,997 Views)

hi all,   re my hdx 9228 notebook  and upgrading to windows 7 rc, from vista, i found that the fn 7 and 8 keys (plus the c.d eject button did not work!!!!

despite going to the hp help line (still under warranty) apart sending the notebook back to hp here in nz to fix the glitch .

!!!!!!! (after googling  lots of sites )  this download fixed my problem----- (via google) type "hp quick launch buttons" , a hp direct site ,and follow the directions (v.6.40.f1) 12/6/2009 , download /install (it tells you there is compatibality  problems, click install anyway ,when you re start for the first time again  a board comes up and gives you the options , not to see this message again, click the box ,and click run.

it all works 100% for me , i hope this helps .as it appears a big problem

cheers,

mike (n.z)

Top Student
tsegway
Message 8 of 15 (10,757 Views)

I have the same issue with a TouchSmart 300-1020.  Anyone find a solution?

Intern
nicenavi
Message 9 of 15 (10,708 Views)

Click on start > Click on control panel.....

Click on power options....

Click on " Change settings plan ".....

Adjust the brightness and save the plan..... And exit...

that should work....

Top Student
tsegway
Message 10 of 15 (10,648 Views)

If it were working I don't think this post would be up.  The problem is the brightness settings are not being saved.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation