Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Why cant I download a simple driver for my hp DVDRAM GT80N from hp.com without being charged for a service event $99.99    What a rip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello again jaxtrukNMkt,

Thank you for providing the needed information. I have seen this type of issue before and it was resolved by using Resolution 3 of the Microsoft Support document: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs and uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes. I would like you to give this document 's 3rd Resolution a try and then uninstall iTunes from your Programs and Features and then downloading and reinstalling iTunes.

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello @jaxtrukNMkt,

I understand you are looking for drivers for your hp DVDRAM GT80N. I would be happy to assist you, but first I would encourage you to post which operating system you are using. And whether your operating system is 32-bit or 64-bit as with this I can provide you with accurate information.

Which Windows operating system am I running?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you are using an HP computer I would also encourage you to post your product number for your computer. I am linking an HP Support document below that will show you how to find your product number.

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please re-post with the requested information and I would be happy to provide you with assistance. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Thank You.  Shoulda known this info would be helpful to getting an answer.  Sorry!

PC is an HP Touch Smart All in one desktop 64 bit

Model 20-d113w   NVY20

Product #   H3L41AAR#ABA

ThankYou

HP Recommended

Hello again jaxtrukNMkt,

Thank you for the updated information on your product. Unfortunately, I still need to know which operating system you are running so I can get you the correct drivers.

If you could re-post with your operating system that would be very helpful. Thank you again for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

I  simply Need a little driver for the DVDRM GT80N which came with my Envy 20  TS 20iopc, which I got last Dec, 2013. It is an hp touchsmart all-in-one Desktop: Product number H#L41AAR#ABA, Model 20-D113W. It has Windows 8 OS 64bit..

I have run into so many deadends, including "no longer available", "not compatible", "you can download it for $4,95 or $7.95",  "we will check your PC to see IF YOU REALLY need it, but only if I pay $99.00 up front"  Well I am thankfully grateful to you so much for your assistance.

Thank You

Jaxtruk@nmkttn

HP Recommended

Hello again jaxtrukNMkt,

Thank you for providing the needed information. I have seen this type of issue before and it was resolved by using Resolution 3 of the Microsoft Support document: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs and uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes. I would like you to give this document 's 3rd Resolution a try and then uninstall iTunes from your Programs and Features and then downloading and reinstalling iTunes.

Please re-post if you require additional support. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Really appreciate the assistance!

Sorry for delays I have caused with incomplete requests!

I really get ticked off by some of the type answers I got prior to getting to YOU!

From now on I'll start here, and save all the runaround I got from other sources.

My sincere gratitude and Thanks

Jack Penland

jaxtruknmkt

@Dunidar wrote:

Hello again jaxtrukNMkt,

Thank you for providing the needed information. I have seen this type of issue before and it was resolved by using Resolution 3 of the Microsoft Support document: Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs and uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes. I would like you to give this document 's 3rd Resolution a try and then uinstall iTunes from your Programs and Features and then downloading and reinstalling iTunes.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.