Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Please help as to how do I activate my touchscreen  on HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14-b157tu Sleekbook. The mouse works but touchscreen does not

28 REPLIES 28
HP Recommended

What is your operating system?

Go to the Control Panel --> Pen and input devices. Look at the tab for touch. Ensure that the use finger for touch device box has a check mark in it.

There may also be a HP TouchScreen Configuration option in the control panel which will offer the option to enable or disable the touchscreen.

Regards,
erico

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Its Windows 8 64 bit touchscreen laptop
HP Recommended

Use your touchpad and go to the upper right hand side to access the search charm and click on it. Type in Control panel and then hit the enter key.   

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
I tried it and seems the new touchsmart series 14-b157tu has a problem if one attaches external mouse device. there is something related to synaptics driver. the system is not designed stable. I tried to activate the touchscreen through control panel and did it all
HP Recommended
the touchscreen is still not working
HP Recommended
Remove the external mouse and use the touch panel to enable\disable the touchscreen

HP Recommended

No i tried it all including updatin of synaptics driver still the touch screen is not working

HP Recommended

When someone tells me "I tried it all"  That leads me to believe they have been defeated by hardware and software. It makes me feel much better when they describe exactly what they tried. That indicates a willingness to troubleshoot and not give up so easily. 

Have you given up or would you like to describe in detail what you have tried step by step and continue troubleshooting?

If you have given up, there is always the option of saving everything that is important to an external disk and then using your recovery media to perform a factory image recovery.  There is nothing wrong with that. A factory image recovery should resolve the touchscreen issue.

Regards,
erico

HP Recommended
Dear Erico,

This problem is coming from the second time of touchscreen not responding. First the calibration of the touch function did the trick and now inspite of restoring the system still it does not work.

Otherwise the computer works perfectly fine with a normal system mouse and key pad. Frankly my confidence with HP product has shattered, the synpatics driver or maybe the design is not upto mark to perform touch function, and its like this function trips.

Tell me how many times do I restore the system I am sure other users maybe finding a similar problem. Please look at resolving for once and all, Look at the basic system designing , I think the problem is much more than restorting or refreshing the system.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.