Question

Top Student
MandP
Message 1 of 3 (7,125 Views)

touchsmart --enable touch screen

How do I enable my computer to use the touch screen.  I have a HP Pavillion TouchSmart 23 All in One.  I am unable to use the touch screen, or find where to enable it.

Please assist

Grad Student
Aves_S
Message 2 of 3 (7,108 Views)

Re: touchsmart --enable touch screen

Hi..
Try this..

Start >> Control Panel >> Hatdware And Sound >> Pen And Touch..
this would give options to calibrate or configure your touchscreen..

If you dont have this option. then first check if you have your touchscreen working physically..

Try this
restart your pc >> tap the F10 key while your pc is turning on.. once you enter a blue screen, this is Bios..
touch your screen and hear if you get any beeps.
>> if you get beep noises then your touch has no physical problems..

Then you reinstall the OS and get the issue resolved if your touchscreen does not work..
Clicking Kudos! Is a nice way to say Thank You if this helped you or resolved your problem. Also " Accept It As A Solution" so that others get a benefit from it..

- Aves..
Top Student
MandP
Message 3 of 3 (7,034 Views)

Re: touchsmart --enable touch screen

I tried the Start---cntrol panel--etc. My computer does not have this option
I tried the next steps of restartinng the cmputer and tapping F10. This also did not work--there were no sounds when the screen was touched.
Next your instructions state to reinstall the OS. How do I do this?
Also, I have had problems HP has been working with me on with a "driver error ". Can you check my records to see if this is all the same problems?
Thank yu
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation