Question

Top Student
mak81
Message 1 of 6 (5,501 Views)

volume buttons not working

Hi, I have just noticed that the volume buttons on my touchsmart 600-1220 are not working. They worked from new but i have not checked them since. They work ok for adjusting the brightness/contrast etc. Also the fn key on the keyboard for adjusting the brightness up and down and switching off the monitor don't work. All these functions work ok on the desktop.

I have re-installed the sound driver but no luck. pls help

mak81:smileysad:

PhD Student
dianebrat
Message 2 of 6 (5,494 Views)

Re: volume buttons not working

It's not related to the audio drivers, it's part of the Keyboard and buttons application, check that for updates.

Top Student
mak81
Message 3 of 6 (5,490 Views)

Thanks fo the reply.

The volume up/down button on the keyboard works.

I'm not sure where to find the specific driver. Went on hp website but cannot find a update for keyboard driver.

Took out the batteries and re-installed them still the same.

Can it be conflicting with an update i did recently?. I have had the pc for a month now and these two functions worked ok from new.

PhD Student
dianebrat
Message 4 of 6 (5,475 Views)

[ Edited ]

mak81 wrote:

Thanks fo the reply.

The volume up/down button on the keyboard works.

I'm not sure where to find the specific driver. Went on hp website but cannot find a update for keyboard driver.

Took out the batteries and re-installed them still the same.

Can it be conflicting with an update i did recently?. I have had the pc for a month now and these two functions worked ok from new.

If you did an OSD and Buttons update from Microsoft, not HP, there's a good chance that broke the OSD/Keyboard/button functions

Top Student
mak81
Message 5 of 6 (5,467 Views)

hi,

Problem solved!!!

After much thought and stress , i realised what it was.

Some time ago my computer whizz brother disabled some start-up items in msconfig to make the pc start up faster.

In start-up there are a few hp programs-HP desktop- FastUserSwtch-hpsysdrv- etc etc- which he disabled.

I ticked these items and done a restart , hey presto back to normal !!.

Thanks for your suggestions, I knew it was something i did and not a software conflict or driver problem.

thanks again..mak81

Student
p0ppa
Message 6 of 6 (2,025 Views)

the volume control buttons don't work anymore on my HP keyboard,can you please advise?

regards,

mel holmes

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation