04-26-2011 01:36 PM - edited 04-26-2011 02:21 PM
Officejet 6500 E709a printing all colors except black. Performed services, unplugged, restarted, and replaced black cartridge with new. When performing alignment, receive message "alignment unsuccessful". Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
04-26-2011 02:39 PM
I suspect this may be related to the print head. I've included a link below to assist in walking through the steps. Good luck!
*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*
04-26-2011 03:48 PM
Success!!! Thank you for your advice. In addition to your link re cleaning printheads, I actually soaked it in hot water, as well. It was really gunked up. I saw this suggestion on another message. Sounded a little risky, but it did work.
04-19-2013 12:49 PM
I was able to run the "clean printhead" function under tools (3 times) and this worked. I also ran the secondary cleaning that was a follow up option (after the first cleaning) on the printer. Black ink is now functioning. Here are the steps...
Solution four: Clean the printhead
- Load letter, A4, or legal size, unused, plain white paper into the input tray.
- Press the Setup button ( ) .
- Press the Down Arrow button ( ) to highlight Tools , and then press OK .
- Press the Down Arrow button ( ) to highlight Clean Printhead , and then press OK . The product cleans the printhead.
- When the cleaning process completes, press any button on the control panel to return to theTools menu.
- Try to align the product again.
05-16-2013 08:18 AM
Thank you very much. Running the clean printhead through multiple times worked. Unfortunately it also depleted much of my ink. The cynical side of me thinks HP felt I wasnt using enough ink...