Deskjet 1000 won't print black! (1536 Views)
Student
odieman99
Message 1 of 2 (1,536 Views)

Deskjet 1000 won't print black!

Hello,

I just brought home this HP Deskjet 1000 and set it up by the book.  It prints in color but the black doesn't seem to work.  I am fairly computer savvy and know to take off the pink strip and what not.  I have tried several things, but nothing works.  Any advice?  Is it possible that the black cartridge has an issue?  Not sure if this is related, but it was saying that one of my cartridges (not sure if it was the color or the black one) is counterfeit.  I just bought this from Target this weekend, so I doubt anything is counterfeit.  HELP!!

Jason

Professor
Picardje
Message 2 of 2 (1,507 Views)

Re: Deskjet 1000 won't print black!

Hello Odieman99,

In your case i would recommend contacting your local HP support. You can find the correct number by going to www.hp.com clicking on your country and after that clicking on the contact link. They can check the numbers from the cartridge for you, and do some test. Might be just defective or indeed counterfeit, it can happen to the best of us.

Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Although I work for HP my posts and replies are my own

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation