Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hope someone can help please.

Recently purchased this printer and when I print out an A4 picture (for example) I am getting an approximately .75 inch white margin at the bottom of the page and a top margin of about .01 of an inch. Is there a way to adjust these margins so they are more equal? Never had this problem before this printer.

I have looked in printer preferences and can see nothing there.

Have made sure paper is set to A4 even tried using a different application so its definitely a printer problem.

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20
HP Recommended

Hi im having the same problem, it's driving me crazy, would a member of Hp support team please please explain.  If this is not fixed i am going to take this printer back and get a refund.  I think this is an important issue with is printer.  May be a margin fix driver is called for or whatever it's called. Thanks you T:smileymad:

HP Recommended

had the same problem too

no solution since last post?

2 months already!!!

i even tried printing all the different sizes but none of them can give me the correct margin

wasted all my ink

this is a very serious issue

whats the point of buying a new printer and get this kind of result

seriously i demand an explaination asap

can some HP personnel reply to this?

HP Recommended

this picture is set to "stretch to page"

printer setting A4

look at the top and bottom margin

Scan001.jpg

HP Recommended

I have this same problem. There are also quite a few people complaining about this same issue on the internet. There are a few reviews on Amazon that mention it, for instance.

Here is a way to show the issue very clearly.

1) Using the built-it 'Office Forms' option, print some graph paper.

2) On the top and the sides, it prints with no margin at all.

3) On the bottom, it leaves a 11mm margin.

I think that this is a defect in the printer. Now what do we do? How can we get it fixed?

HP Recommended

yup just tested

printing the graph will leave a big margin at the bottom

i think could be a printer defect

i googled too and saw many complains about this but no solution so far

HP Recommended

Someone else with the same problem:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-printing-questions/Deskjet-3050-J610-does-not-print-the-lower-mar...

HP -- please have the courtesy of looking into and making an honest official statement about this issue.

HP Recommended

just an update

i called and email HP and make a big fuss about this matter

done some troubleshooting as per advised from their technical support but the problem still persist

changed a new set from reseller but the new set had EXACTLY the same margin issue

i think the whole batch of this printer model had this problem

now im waiting for their superior to call me

HP Recommended

Hi.

Here are some more people on Amazon complaining about the same issue:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R1FKQODJ5IQCEJ/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#R1FKQODJ5IQCEJ

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem like anyone on Amazon.com is complaining about the margins on the Deskjet 3050, but these are several on Amazon.co.uk complaining about them.

Does this mean that this batch being sold in the UK is faulty? If so, HP must know about it.

Tamago, which country are you in, did you buy your printer online? Also, please keep us updated about what the supervisor says.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hey the same problem with me...but it's true that the peinter is manufactured so and this are the standard margins?

if i knew i don't buy it...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.