Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Trying to figure out how to print an envelope using MS Word on a P1102w.  I keep getting the blinking attention light and the print job never makes it to the printer and instead cancels.  The manual doesn't even mention envelope printing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Had the exact same problem using MS Word 2007/Vista. Click the "Options" button in the Envelopes and Labels print window, click the "Printing Options"  tab, and under "Feed from" select "Auto Select" from the drop down menu.

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
HP Recommended

Had the exact same problem using MS Word 2007/Vista. Click the "Options" button in the Envelopes and Labels print window, click the "Printing Options"  tab, and under "Feed from" select "Auto Select" from the drop down menu.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information it worked perfectly. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

I turned on Printing Labels capability for a full sheet of Labels.  Now when I go back to print envelopes the red light blinks and it will not print the enveloe.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the post.  With this one we may have a couple of issues, I've attached a link to an excellent document below that provides light indicator patterns and how to resolve.  (Hint - Since you indicated that you had just printed labels, I suspect it is related to either a label jam or tray configuration)  Good Luck!  

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02497683

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

Cannot print envelopes from a DELL with Windows 7 and Word 2010 on a HP 1102w.

The printerd oes not sweem to receive o recognize the instruction from the PC, although all othetr print jobs run perfectly.

HP Recommended

Hello Temalu,

Thanks for the post.  With the P1102W, check the following:

Had the exact same problem using MS Word 2007/Vista. Click the "Options" button in the Envelopes and Labels print window, click the "Printing Options"  tab, and under "Feed from" select "Auto Select" from the drop down menu.  Good Luck!

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended
Does this only happen from Word with envelopes or does it happen from other programs too?

What type and weight of envelope are you using?

Have you ever been able to print envelopes?

How is the printer connected to the computer?
-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------
Signature
HP Recommended

I selected the "Auto Select" option, and the envelope fees as if it is printing.  The problem is it prints off page left when I use a #10 envelope.

Any other suggestions?

HP Recommended

I need instructions on how to print envelopes on my P1102 printer.'

Barbara

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.