Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

When I'm printing color documents, the output of that color (images or photos) have shadows, not sharp; - something like colors overlapping between magenta and yellow tonner.

There are no problems when printing black and white documents. FYI also, there are no error messages displayed.

The most problems are colour, images and photo printing which give bad quality output, blur and shadow images.

troubleshooting done :

1) Cleaning mode set by printer have been done for many times.

2) Colour calibrating almost done for so many times.

3) Trying printing line by line text & colour using Ms Word :

3.1) first row Black,result OK & no problem.

3.2) second row Magenta, result overlapping colour magenta & yellow, make it yellow shadows.

3.3) third row Cyan, result OK & no problem.

3.4) fourth row Yellow, result OK & no problem.

3.5) set to print 4 tonner color in table format by rows, result black fill in the table properly, but cyan, magenta & yellow were printed not exactly in the table row lines.

4) Try printing demo page set from printer, same result  - bad quality ouput with shadows, colour overlap & images not sharp.

Supplies Status Page printed, Black catridge 26% remaining, Cyan 47% remaining, Magenta 46% remaining and Yellow 47% remaining.

Did the problems occure are related with tonner problems? or something with mechanical alignments inside the printer?

21 REPLIES 21
HP Recommended

Hello-

Some of  the suggestions in this support document, you've probably already tried, but maybe some of the others would be worth a shot. This support document is found on Customer Care.

Here is the link: 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01691481

Good luck! Hope this helps somewhat!

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution
Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the link but it is not improved and solved the problems.

I tried print a diagnostics page and the L-shaped color alignment bars does not print correctly.

I inspected the L-shaped color alignment bars at the top and at the bottom of the diagnostics page and there are not equal spacing between the lines, some lines overlap, and some colors looked like overlap/shadow each others.
I worry to replace with the new toner,it's risky to me (due the cost and toner price) without knowing what are the actual causes of that problems.
Anyone can help me? or any ideas?
HP Recommended

I have a similar problem on the CP 1210, which is close in facility to your printer. On the self test / configuration page the left hand 90 degree corner with the black dot on the inside corner is not regular compared to the same graphic on the right side of the page. Also there are gaps towards the left hand side of the four coloured lines at the bottom of the page. This corresponds to the type and position of shadowing I am getting on the page when I am printing in landscape. I have done the configuration 4 times with no change. I've changed cartridges, printer position and all the things on the troubleshooting page that are able to be done. My conclusion is that as the page prints from the right to left there has occured some sort of stretching or opening on a component inside the printers mechanisms. So I can tell you that it is an alignment problem. I am currently working on the solution. If I get one I'll let you know.

HP Recommended

I am facing exactly the same problem.

And while searching the web have suddenly found many customers facing exactly this issue.

Can some one from HP pls help!!!

HP Recommended

I have this exactly problem last week, but with different model CP3505.

It was red overlapping other colors. Try to remove the Magenta cartridge and put it back so the printer will start calibrating at start up and once it complete, try the test print.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem as described by Redeemed.  Has anyone found a solution yet?  If not, do you think there are grounds for refund due to faulty product?

HP Recommended

Me too have the same problem. I found this HP-link Resolving Print Quality Issues

and "Solution eight" describes exactly what happens. The calibration of the printer is obviously incorrect.

However, I fail to install the proposed "HP Color LaserJet CP1510 Series ToolboxFX " . So I do not know yet if it helps.

See also : 

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01530961

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01514238

HP Recommended

I have CP1515n and it performs the same.  HP exchanged the printer for another but it prints with shadows and misalignment.  HP has lost its winning edge for good laser printers.  HP inkjets and laser printers break down easily and has less than 2 years life.  What happened?

I suspect that HP has not developed a workable printer driver.  If it's not the drum, not the toner, not alignment, not paper -- so it has to be printer driver!!

So what are we going to do with this lemon investment?  

USE IT AS A BLACK AND WHITE LASER PRINTER!

A VERY EXPENSIVE BLACK AND WHITE LASER PRINTER!!!!

HP Recommended

my hp color laserjet cp1515n printer is highly delayed to print and some times unable to print. it says ptinting.... but nothing will happen.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.