Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@nasrie wrote:

When I'm printing color documents, the output of that color (images or photos) have shadows, not sharp; - something like colors overlapping between magenta and yellow tonner.

There are no problems when printing black and white documents. FYI also, there are no error messages displayed.

The most problems are colour, images and photo printing which give bad quality output, blur and shadow images.

troubleshooting done :

1) Cleaning mode set by printer have been done for many times.

2) Colour calibrating almost done for so many times.

3) Trying printing line by line text & colour using Ms Word :

3.1) first row Black,result OK & no problem.

3.2) second row Magenta, result overlapping colour magenta & yellow, make it yellow shadows.

3.3) third row Cyan, result OK & no problem.

3.4) fourth row Yellow, result OK & no problem.

3.5) set to print 4 tonner color in table format by rows, result black fill in the table properly, but cyan, magenta & yellow were printed not exactly in the table row lines.

4) Try printing demo page set from printer, same result  - bad quality ouput with shadows, colour overlap & images not sharp.

Supplies Status Page printed, Black catridge 26% remaining, Cyan 47% remaining, Magenta 46% remaining and Yellow 47% remaining.

Did the problems occure are related with tonner problems? or something with mechanical alignments inside the printer?

HP Recommended

It was a long time ago - but I had been getting some error messages logged ("color plane registration error" I think)

I also seemed to recal cleaning out where the cartridges sit with some compressed air - as the sensor can get confused

I previously had tried INIT and resetting all values etc

It has been working happily since

Clive

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.