HP Color Laserjet CP2025 printing with a 'shadow' effect (5576 Views)
Honor Student
Donz
Message 1 of 8 (5,576 Views)

HP Color Laserjet CP2025 printing with a 'shadow' effect

[ Edited ]

Hi All

My printer is printing some documents with a pink 'shadow' type effect on font (various different ones) and even an image I have inserted.

If I print a test page I don't get this, yet documents I have saved as a template and have been using since I got the printer have always been ok up until today.

My printer is only approx 4mths old.  Toner levels are ok (half or over).  I have turned off, re-calibrated, & also re-calibrated the colours but still a problem.

Any ideas?

I should add if I send the document/s to a different printer (an Officejet) I don't get this problem, but I prefer to print these on the Laserjet due to quality

Tutor
SteveMJ
Message 2 of 8 (5,557 Views)

Re: HP Color Laserjet CP2025 printing with a 'shadow' effect

This is a calibration failure. This can happen some times. The solution is to manually perform repeat calibrations, which can be commanded from the control panel. Calibration, among other things, adjusts all 4 colors to line up on top of one another when required. Sounds like your magenta (pinkish) is out of whack. If you don't have the manual to find out how to perform calibrations, there is a menu map you can print from your control panel.

Honor Student
Donz
Message 3 of 8 (5,551 Views)

Thanks Steve

I've had a look at the Manual and it refers me to using the HP ToolboxFX - this I don't have on my computer.

I am running WIndows 7 and the cd that came with the printer wouldn't install.

I am trying to find this HP ToolboxFX on HP's ite but no luck and as for trying to contact them, I have to jump so many hoops only to find they don't have my model on their list before you can send them an email grrrr

Anybody able to send me a link for this HPToolboxFX?  I presume it should be available??

Tutor
SteveMJ
Message 4 of 8 (5,336 Views)

You don't need any software- this is available from the control panel of the printer.

Student
christc
Message 5 of 8 (5,115 Views)

I'm also having the same problem and have tried caliberation solution with no joy. Is there any other reason that can cause this problem and what other solutions can I try?

VVO Honor Student
Honor Student
VVO
Message 6 of 8 (4,164 Views)

Does anyone has a solution for the shadow printing yet?

Student
Thescore
Message 7 of 8 (894 Views)

My  printer  HP Color Laserjet CP2025 printing with a 'shadow' effect i have read some solutions from some people.

One advice to perfom calibarations manually through control panel but i have gone to control panel and i didnt see an option of doing so can any one assist me?

VVO Honor Student
Honor Student
VVO
Message 8 of 8 (887 Views)

I have tried everything including replacing new genuine HP toners, hp self cleaning, calibration.
My printer only has the shadows effect when printing in color. It's wotking fine with
Copy and printing in black. My next step is just opening it up and try cleaning and adjusting manually.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation