HP Daily Surprise (276 Views)
Top Student
juliebear711
Message 1 of 12 (276 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Daily Surprise

I've had HP The Daily Surprise on my computer for a couple of years and have never had this problem before. The Daily canlendar comes up, but is blank. This started around the first of April 2013. I've update Adobe Air, and all flash drivers. I've deleted it out and re-downloaded it, and nothng changes. I'm running Windows 7-64bit, ie 8. I've sent an email to support and they transfered it to snapfish. I've contacted snapfish and they say they don't have that program.  I've been trying to deal with this for almost 2 months now. Please help.  I really enjoy this program and would like to continue to use it.

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 12 (270 Views)

Re: HP Daily Surprise

Hi,

There is version 1.0.2 in the following link, please download and install on your computer:

http://h30440.www3.hp.com/daily-surprise/

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Top Student
juliebear711
Message 3 of 12 (267 Views)

I have that version downloaded already. I downloaded it just before I posted my message.  It is not working either.  Is there something else to try?

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 4 of 12 (256 Views)

Hi Julie,

What kind of program is this?  I just looked at it -- I do not want it on my sytem so I am not going to download it in case I cannot get rid of it so I am going to depend on your description.

For example, how do you open the program?

Do you have a Windows computer?  Running Windows 7 or Windows 8?

If Yes, then

Can you see the program in

Control Panel > Programs and Features ??

If Yes, then

You might be able to fix it:

Uninstall the program from Programs and Features

and then start over, that is,

Go to HP Daily Surprise , download the program, and install it.

Now, if you have some sort of "parameters" saved, backups, or settings -- this will no doubt wipe out that sort of thing -- but it may fix the problem you are having with the blank screen.

You might be able to do something similar with a Mac, but I do not know how to remove programs from a Mac.  Smiling.

=====================================================================================

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
juliebear711
Message 5 of 12 (251 Views)

I am running Windows 7- 64 bit. Yes it is in my programs. I deleted it out again, restarted my comp, then went back and re-downloaded it again.  It still did not work.  It is a photo craft program that offers you a new craft project everyday.  It automatically loads when you turn your computer on. It suppose to come up with a monthly calendar that has a new project on every day of the month.  On the left of the calendar is a window that shows a pic of the project that is offered for that day. Ex: greeting card, special subject calendar, paper folding projects, Christmas name tags....etc.  I've used this program for 2-3 yrs and so enjoy it. I do wish someone could help me figure this thing out.  The last time something like this happened I just had to update Adobe Air and that fixed the problem. This time, however, it did not work. I even updated my flash drivers hoping that would help. It didn't. So any information you can give me will help, I hope.

Associate Dean
Dragon-Fur
Message 6 of 12 (239 Views)

It sounds like you are doing the right things and I admit you know far more about this program than I.

I did just read that there have apparently been issues with this software and that someone within HP has reported it -- whether or not that will result in a fix is going to be a matter of time; the free Apps do get attention and at some point this App will start working again if it is not working now.

My HP Daily Surprise never seems to connect. All I get is a gray screen and nothing else. Help!

• You might send VisonAiry a Personal Message and ask for a progress report.

Options to Try

In the event that the issue has been fixed, it is possible that you still need to clear what you have from the system.

I have included what I can think of to help you.

======================================================================================

The software may not be clearing properly when you are removing it from the system.

You might have better luck removing the program from the computer with this program:

Fixit

Power Reset

If you are using a Notebook, you might also try the following to clear the driver-set and force the system to read the Operating System instructions from Disk:

Notebooks- Power Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues- Sealed Non-Removable Battery

OR

Notebooks - Power Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues - Removable Battery

The Power Reset cannot tell the difference between drivers - it does not analyze a driver before applying it.

EXAMPLE:

If the driver on disk is the wrong driver before the Reset, it is still the wrong driver after the Reset.

If the driver INSTRUCTIONS are tangled, messed up, or missing, then the Reset may fix the problem.

Why a Power Reset works to fix some issues: 

The Hard Power Reset does not install anything on your computer, it does not remove anything from your computer, and the Reset does not change or update any of the programs on your computer.  Your data and files remain as they were before the reset was applied. 

Why a Power Reset might Not Work:

If the issue is more than just entanglement, if the "good instructions" on the computer are not good enough -- that is, if you need an update, a new driver, or if there is a problem that cannot be "untangled", then the Reset will not work.

If there is a hardware problem the Power Reset will not work.

======================================================================================

System Restore

I know it is a very long way to "go back" and it may be too late at that; you might consider trying to "go back in time" and see if you can take the computer back to a point where this was working:

Restoring Windows to a Previous Point (Windows 7

For Future Reference

Setting Up Restore Points and System Restore:

Prior to making any changes to your computer, you can make sure you have a Restore Point.  If things go sideways, you can “go back in time”.  This is called System Restore.  Once you have System Restore enabled, the computer will make Restore Points automatically prior to many program installations.  You can also create a Restore Point manually. 

Make sure Restore Protection is turned on for the C:\ drive

AND

Control Panel > icon view > System > System ProtectionCreate a Restore Point

=====================================================================================

Good Luck!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

See a Post that is useful, makes you smile, or that teaches you something you did not know?

Your HP Experts are here to help.

Click the Kudos Star to say Thanks for the Help.

When a fix / workaround is successful:

Click this Post "Accept as Solution" to make it easier for others to find the Solution.

Year of the Dragon 2012   Year of the Snake 2013

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kind Regards,
Dragon-Fur
Top Student
juliebear711
Message 7 of 12 (180 Views)

Here it is the end of July and I'm still having the same problem with the program HP Daily Surprise.  I've been waiting since April for this program to be fixed.  I'm not sure what else I can do.  If the problem hasn't been fixed by the end of August, I guess I'll just delete the program out.  I'd really hate to do that, but I don't see the need of keeping it on my computer if it doesn't work.  I've even tried to download this on my laptop and does the same thing, or should I say it doesn't do what it's suppose to.  I was advised to send a message to VisonAiry, but do not know how to get ahold of them. If you have an email or web site to contact them, I'd appreciate it.  Thank you.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 8 of 12 (174 Views)

Hello juliebear711,

Yes, I indeed have had a lot of experience with the HP Daily Surprise.  After researching the company mentioned on the installation window of this program (Hamilton Partners, Inc.) just now, the website that was previously up is no longer available.  The only information I have on them is that this software producer of freeware hasn't released anything that I can find since 2009.  I am afraid at this time, the future of the Daily Surprise is still unknown.  

What I would like to do for you is assist you in helping remove this program from your computer and I only have you and one other person on my contact list (via the forums) to keep informed if it gets replaced with better software or updated.  

Sorry I did not see this thread sooner or I would have happily responded by now.  I will be more than happy to help you any way I can but at this time, I think it would be nicer of me to help you not waste any more time than it would be to troubleshoot this.  Whatever you would like to do though I can help.

Let me know by responding here if you need me.

--VisionAiry--

:smileyhappy:

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
Top Student
juliebear711
Message 9 of 12 (171 Views)

I have removed it and redownloaded it multiple times, including this morning.  The link I got it from is as follows:  http://h30440.www3.hp.com/daily-surprise/index.html      If they are no longer going to be offering this, they should pull the down load link.

Distinguished Professor
VisionAiry
Message 10 of 12 (168 Views)

I agree yet I have no control over why it is still on the website or what the future plans for it are.   I still have it on my computer to keep helping customers like you.  So far I can get the calendar to open by installing it in compatibility mode but it doesn't respond after that.  If you would like, I can check for a different software package to install.  I ran across some 3rd party sites offering it today.  I will risk installing it to see if perhaps I can find a working version of it.  I do not recommend going to 3rd party sites yourself because I was quite skeptical of the ones I ran across.  I may even find something of equal value too.  I will look now and let you know soon what I find.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation