Re: HP K5400 Print Problem - Streaking, Not Printing Black (792 Views)
Student
KWrightVT
Message 1 of 3 (1,180 Views)

HP K5400 Print Problem - Streaking, Not Printing Black

I have a K5400 printer that was streaking in all colors slightly, but mostly in black. Black sometimes would not print at all.  All cartridges are HP brand and have a good level of ink. I thought maybe since it was the black, I bought a brand new black cartridge today and I cannot get any black to print. When I try to print a test page, I can see the windows logo in red, green blue and yellow, then below I can see faintly a bit of yellow ink here and there, and that's it.

Hopefully I didn't just waste $25 on this printer. Any ideas what to do other than throw it out the window and get an Epson?

Grad Student
Pontus_N
Message 2 of 3 (1,163 Views)

Re: HP K5400 Print Problem - Streaking, Not Printing Black

Hello KWrightVT,

This sounds like it would be an issue with the printheads. To clean them, go to Solution Four, Step Three in this document:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02451504&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=2511767

(Press and hold the Power button on the printer, Press the Cancel button twice, press Resume once and then release the power button and the printer will start a cleaning procedure for the printheads)

Honor Student
folland66
Message 3 of 3 (792 Views)

Re: HP K5400 Print Problem - Streaking, Not Printing Black

Hello,

I have just joined  on the basis I was having a similar problem. Did you get any answers?

Cheers,

NWF

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation