Question

Honor Student
peegee53
Message 1 of 4 (581 Views)

HP Officejet 7310 All-in-One printing in color only

Trying to print 4" sheet in the 7310 (for nametags in this case), with copy set for black font, results only in single color printing.  Printing an 8.5x11" with the same file prints black OK.  How fix?

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (564 Views)

Re: HP Officejet 7310 All-in-One printing in color only

Are you printing from a computer or pressing "copy" on the 7310?  If from the computer make sure that you select "plain paper" rather than "automatic" as a paper type.  Similarily, if copying from the 7310 set the paper type explicitly to plain paper.  Also select the black copy button if using the copy function, or select "Grayscale" and "Print in black only" from the driver is using the computer.  (The color cartridge will typically be use to print graphics, even grayscale graphics unless black only is selected.  Additionally, the black cartrdige is not used when printing to photo paper, or a paper type that the printer detects to be photo paper.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
peegee53
Message 3 of 4 (553 Views)

Many thanks for this, Bob!  All printing is emanating from the computer.  I'll sort through the variations.  It will be instructive to try to determine if the printer recognizes the Avery 74520 name badges stock to be photo paper.  If so, it looks like we're out of luck to use it.

Phil

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (546 Views)

The Officejet 7310 will print from the computer (but not copy) with the color cartridge removed.  This will automatically switch to "reserve mode" where the remaining cartridge is used.  

Even if the paper is recognized as photo paper with "automatic" paper settings you should be able to override this by specifying "plain paper" in the driver paper/quality settings.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button -------------------v

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation