Question

Honor Student
alexofoakton
Message 1 of 4 (3,973 Views)

HP Photo Printing Software - How to change predefined sizes in "Design To Page size:" window?

I have a HP Photosmart printer, which came with a photo print application, "HP Photo Printing Software", Version 3.9.0.0.  When I try to change the page size of the photo output using the "Design to Page Size:" screen, I see a list of predefined page sizes (e.g., "4x6 w/tab").  However, these predefined sizes (there are 11) can't be changed from within the program.  For example, if I want to print a 4x6 photo with no border, which is a frequent requirement, there seems to be no way to do it.

How do I change or override these predefined print sizes in this program?  BTW - I have Windows XP on my PC.

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 2 of 4 (3,959 Views)

Re: HP Photo Printing Software - How to change predefined sizes in "Design To Page size:"

Hi Alex.

You may want to try HP's new photo-printing program, HP Photo Creations. It's a free download at www.hp.com/go/hppc.

To print photos at a predefined size, select the Print-at-Home tab (2), then Prints & Posters (3), then the Prints project (4). Then design your print and select your desired size on the printing screen (7).

HPPC-print-at-home-print.jpg

HPPC-print-button.jpg

Hope this helps,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Honor Student
alexofoakton
Message 3 of 4 (3,953 Views)

Re: HP Photo Printing Software - How to change predefined sizes in "Design To Page size:"

Thanks RocketLife.  I downloaded the product and tried to print a borderless, 4x6 photo.  The program kept including the photo with a border.  I finally got it to print without a border on 4x6 photo paper, but the program slightly resized my photo so that the head of one of the subjects is partially cut off.

So how do I print a borderless 4x6 photo without having the program resize the original image so that cropping occurs?

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 4 of 4 (3,952 Views)

Hi Alex.

Most digital cameras produce images with a 4:3 aspect ratio; in other words, the width is 1.3 times the height (4/3 = 1.3). A 4x6 print has a 6:4 aspect ratio, meaning the width is 1.5 times the height. So the top and bottom of a horizontal 4:3 photo will always have to be cropped to fit the shape of the paper.

One creative approach, if you don't want to crop your 4:3 image, would be to choose the Collage Print project, which produces an interesting matte effect. Here are two examples:

hp-collage-print-4x6.jpg

hp-collage-print-4x6-B

Thanks for trying HP Photo Creations,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation