HP Photosmart D110 Series Printing Problem with Ink (14959 Views)
Student
kleasown
Message 1 of 12 (14,959 Views)

HP Photosmart D110 Series Printing Problem with Ink

I bought a HP Photosmart D100 series printer and have been having problems printing since I got it. When I try to print  something out you can barely make out the color part of the page and the black ink is not a whole lot better. Today I tried once again troubleshooting it and now it won't print anything! I thought that maybe I just got a defective cartridge with the printer so I bought a new one and that didn't work so I know it's not the cartridges. I don't know what else to do. All I can think of is that it is the printing heads but I don't know how to check. Please Help!!!!!! I really need my printer for school!:robotsad:

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 2 of 12 (14,859 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart D110 Series Printing Problem with Ink

Hi

Have you followed the steps in the document below?, including cleaning the cartridges

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02002581&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=4023246&tmp...

Kind Regards

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 3 of 12 (14,569 Views)

Hi kleasown, just wondering if this issue is now resolved?

Thanks

Ciara

Student
djbull22
Message 4 of 12 (14,179 Views)

I am also having similar trouble, except the color prints perfectly for me. The black ink however, prints as a light gray instead of black. I've tried everything I can possibly think of. What can I do to fix this? Or do I simply need to take it back?

Student
sly1367
Message 5 of 12 (13,480 Views)

I have a similar issue. I have to clean the printheads (twice) every time I get ready to print or I have no color ink. I also thought the issue was a defective cartridge but the next cartridge I bought does the same thing. It is very frustrating to have a fairly new printer and not be able to print anything in color. Has anyone found another way to resolve this issue?

Intern
pagehere
Message 6 of 12 (13,455 Views)

The black ink however, prints as a light gray instead of black. 

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 7 of 12 (13,246 Views)

djbull22 wrote:

I am also having similar trouble, except the color prints perfectly for me. The black ink however, prints as a light gray instead of black. I've tried everything I can possibly think of. What can I do to fix this? Or do I simply need to take it back?

Hi, is the 'print in grayscale' setting checked? Is the ink level of the black ok? More details in the Troubleshooting Print Quality document below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c02002581&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc...

Hope this helps

Ciara

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 8 of 12 (13,245 Views)

sly1367 wrote:

I have a similar issue. I have to clean the printheads (twice) every time I get ready to print or I have no color ink. I also thought the issue was a defective cartridge but the next cartridge I bought does the same thing. It is very frustrating to have a fairly new printer and not be able to print anything in color. Has anyone found another way to resolve this issue?

Hi sly1367, are you using the latest software? Check link below

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?swlinkmsg=100&cc=us&dlc=en&docname=c02002581&lc=...

I take it you're using original HP cartridges?

If you feel the issue is printer related as it occurs on multiple cartridges then you can contact phone support as you may be entitled to a replacement under warranty.

Please let me know how you get on and if there's anything further I can help with

Ciara

Honor Student
SLOWENS
Message 9 of 12 (11,266 Views)

e: iNK pROBLEMHP Photosmart D110 Series Printing Problem with Ink

I had a B109 All in One that I just threw out.  I had ink problems all the time.  I was a little dismayed when I saw the D110 HP Photosmart my stepson gave my husband for Christmas.  Well, I needed a printer so I set it up just now in June.  I cannot get the black ink to work.  First I got some faded printing but now I've got nothing.  This is the first time printing.  Actually, I was using it to copy.  I tried to clean the print heads, realign and took the cartridge out and put it back in.  Ink level is fine.  I just installed the cartridges.  Not sure what to do......Help.

Honor Student
AlexaA
Message 10 of 12 (10,700 Views)

Re: e: iNK pROBLEMHP Photosmart D110 Series Printing Problem with Ink

Im having similar problem with my dad's photosmart.  It keeps beeping/cycling and won't print.  However the hp print doctor will print a page fine.  But then it keeps asking for USB or media device.   And keeps changing page numbers and cycles and I have toturn it off.  It's not old at all.   I'm looking to buy a printer and now thinking I'll have to stay away from hp. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation