Question

Student
coonan1000
Message 1 of 3 (987 Views)

HP Photosmart Plus cancels print job itself mid-run

Hi,

I have an HP Photosmart Plus which I connect wirelessly to my laptop which runs Vista (x64). Recently, when I try and print off my work (written on screenwriting software Final Draft 8), the printer cancels the job unprompted half way or three quarters of the way through. In the print job status box, it will say "error - cancelling" but with no further details.There are no blinking lights on the printer. The printer seems to think it has received a "cancel" command.

The same problem does not occur when I print through the usb connection so the problem seems to concern the wireless connection. The laptop, router and printer are all in the same room so strength of signal is not the issue.

I would be very grateful for any thoughts on how to solve this problem.

Thanks

Student
jlewe
Message 2 of 3 (957 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus cancels print job itself mid-run

My HP PSC 1410V does the same thing and it is connected to my PC.  I've unistalled & reinstalled, updated, & tried HP diagnostic utility, but nothing has helped.

Student
tazameir
Message 3 of 3 (787 Views)

Re: HP Photosmart Plus cancels print job itself mid-run

Yes, I'm in the same boat and actually, I'm pretty pissed about it.  I had a print going, but the printer ran out of paper.  I was looking for paper, and got side tracked, and when I came back in (We're talking 5 minutes) the printer started doing a bunch of stuff, and I noticed it said "print cancelled"  What the hell HP.. That's BS..   There should be a way to disable that, and allow it to stay 12 hours if I want it to.  People get busy, and can't always be there when prints go.  Often I print from other rooms, and don't even go to get my prints for hours, so how would I know it's out of paper?  I do not run the print software on my computers, just the drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation