Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Currently have Windows 7 (x64) SP1 Home Edition.  Recently upgraded IE9 to IE10 for Windows 7 (no touch).  My HP Smart Print 2.1 was working perfectly in IE9.  It quit working when I upgraded to IE10.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled HP Smart Print 2.1 several times.

In IE10, I no longer get the HP Smart Print 2.1 features control pad after clicking on the 2.1 button to start HP Smart Print.  All I get is a transparent screen as if it is trying to start, but no buttons to use the program.  Anyone else having issues with IE10 and is there a solution to resolve the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HPSPSetup.msi puts a little button in the small Toolbar where the Home and Print buttons, Page, Safety and Tools are.  I spent ages writing a self critical update, but lost that when I decided to prove Smart Print worked when I pressed that button.

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/smartprint/uk/en/smart.html?jumpid=ex_r602_uk/en/hho/ipg/xx-mu-aw_chev/sma... and press the "Activate Smart Print Now"button

View solution in original post

109 REPLIES 109
HP Recommended

Have the same problem and have not been able to find a fix

HP Recommended

It has taken me FOREVER to find someone else that is having this same problem.  You have described the situation well.  Hope someone will respond soon as this setup does not work well at all w/IE 10.  So far IE 10 is working fine so I intend to stay with it and have liked Smart Print when I had IE 9, so I would like to continue using it also.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Same exact problem here too.  Was using smart print in Internet Explorer 9 and liked it very much.  Windows update automatically upgraded my browser to version 10 and after that smart print no longer worked.  Uninstalled and reinstalled latest version a couple times and got the same results.  Hope HP and Windows work together on this and make a fix soon.  I do a lot of printing and the smart print application allows me to save on ink in a big way.  HP and Windows 7 are you listening to us??!!

HP Recommended

I have had a wireless photosmart premium 310 for 2 years working fine with Windows 7 up thru E9.  Upgraded to E10 and now I can't keep the printer on the network.  The only thing that has changed is the upgrade.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem!!!  Worked okay before I upgraded to IE10.  What do we need to do to get someones attention to fix this obvious problem? 

HP Recommended

Hello everyone!  Sorry for the delay!  Frank1412 found me and guided me over here.  I see here a high demand for what was assumed to be a function nobody really cared about.  I think that is why it is so over-looked.  I am collecting data on it now and really doing my best.  I do not have a degree in software design or anything so I will not be responsible for updating or fixing this but I will gladly do my best to find the right person who can while I troubleshoot this by myself.  Bear with me while I do this and thank you all for your patience!  Clicking the white star next to this post is a way to show you are still interested in an answer.

I understand now that everyone is looking for a way to get HP Smart Print to work on IE10 so that is my goal.  I have no documents or links to provide at this time because I will not post things that did not work in other threads on this one.  Time can only tell with this one but I will gladly keep you all updated.  I hope I can help!

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I am curious to know if anybody has installed the Bing toolbar.  I am working on adding it now to see if that has anything to do with it.  I do believe it is a requirement for Smart Print to work.  I had just uninstalled it from my computer recently so when I get that back on there I will have more to report.  

HP Recommended

No, I don't have the BING TOOLBAR installed!  I will look for it and then install it and see what happens.  Thanks for keeping the HP Smart Print (for IE 10) issue going!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome!  Yes I did get it to work by the way!  Working on the steps now.  I will tell you quickly however.  I went to the gear-looking thing in the upper right hand corner of IE-10 and clicked Manage Add-ons.  When I searched for more add-ons it opened a page where I had to drag the Bing icon to the bottom of my screen.  When I did that, IE closed.  When it opened back up my older version of Smart Print did not work.  So I uninstalled it and found this page --HP Smart Print Getting Started-- which I found at eprintcenter.com/news.  And it worked like a charm!  More to post in a little bit!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.