Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

thanks for your info. my wife used copy and pasted  to note pad and we were able to print from there.

HP Recommended

Hi everybody. I can help all of you with this problem. IE10 can´t work with HP Smart Print 2.1 because there is a problem of compability with IE10 and with IE11 but not with IE9. Well,you have to do only one thing...you need to upgrade to HP Smart Print 2.4 and all your problem finished.!!! That is the solution of that problem. If you solve your problem give me a Kudos please...good luck! smileyhappy:

HP Recommended
I too have the same problem with an exception. Now when I click on the little printer icon in the tool bar it just blinks and nothing happens. I'm on Windows 8.
HP Recommended

Have you tried a different web browser or a different website?  What browser are you using (IE10)? This will help to narrow down where the problem is.  Some websites just don't seem to support this function.

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" if I helped solve your problem.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.

Every problem has a solution!
HP Recommended

I am using IE10 and I downloaded the Smart Print from the HP web site.

HP Recommended

Here is the message where I listed all of the steps to get it started.  Granted IE has now updated to 11 now so you could possibly have that version now so I hope the link below helps you get started.

--Instructions to Try--

Then from this post you will see pages of assistance from all the other contributors if it doesn't help. Also, what I meant was have you tried printing from another browser or printing another website but I am thinking you do not see the icon for it so don't forget you have to show your command toolbar in order to see it just in case it is something that simple.  Good luck!

HP Recommended

I did that and it still doesn't work.  When I click on the smart print icon on the toolbar it dims and comes back and that's all that happens.  I'm on Windows 8 using IE10.

HP Recommended

Try minimizing your window to see if the smart print window is underneath it.  Also, try printing a different webpage. I used to use the Google website or Yahoo's website for testing because some sites like this one will not work with it. I hope this helps!

HP Recommended

I tried all the suggestions including about 6 different web sites and non of them worked.  Any others?

HP Recommended

If any others wish to join in the conversation they are more than welcome as I believe I have ran out of suggestions at this time.  Sorry but I did not want anyone to wait for me to reply with the solution.  😕

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.