HP Smart Print Download Problem (1424 Views)
Top Student
RVingman
Message 1 of 9 (1,424 Views)

HP Smart Print Download Problem

I'm trying to activate the HP Smart Print Feature on the HP/Bing Tool Bar.  I have the tool bar loaded and running.  I click on the Smart Print button which takes me to the website to activate the Smart Print Feature.  I click to active, the feature is downloaded and then an error message pops up stating that "Smart Print is not supported by PC Configuration, check minimum requirements".  I presume it's telling me I have to have the minimun requirements listed in the FAQ's.  Well I'm running Windows 7 (new laptop) with IE9 (everthing updated).  Could it be that Smart Print cannot be used with IE9 yet?  Where can I get some help/answers?

Top Student
RVingman
Message 2 of 9 (1,423 Views)

Re: HP Smart Print Download Problem

Forgot, it is Windows 7 64-bit.

Honor Student
RN4Deaf
Message 3 of 9 (1,358 Views)

I am having the same problem, did you receive  an answer from anyone to your question?  I have IE 9 also and Windows 7 but 32 bit.

Top Student
RVingman
Message 4 of 9 (1,336 Views)

Never got an answer from anyone, but from searching this forum, it appears that the current HP Smart Print App is not available for IE9 yet.  It appears HP needs to update the app for IE9.  Question is, no one has an answer as to when it will be ready or if HP is even working on an update to the app for IE9.

Anyone at HP with at least some update info on the status of the app for IE9, would be great if you could post an update on the boards.

Thanks.

Honor Student
RN4Deaf
Message 5 of 9 (1,326 Views)

Thanks for answering, I appreciate it!  Hope they give us an answer soon..They keep promoting it but most who use IE9 have already downloaded the latest version!  thanks again...

Tutor
zhuertt
Message 6 of 9 (1,294 Views)

[ Edited ]

HP Smart Print 1.0.6.0 version supports IE9 and Firefox 4. It is available in many countries now on the smart print website. Additional languages are being rolled out each week. You can also get the latest version(1.0.6.0) through the auto update mechanism.

I am an HP Smart Print developer, when I offer advice on HP Products; I'm speaking for myself and not for HP

Please change the status to “Solved” if this answered your question. Thank you!

Honor Student
kylev
Message 7 of 9 (1,268 Views)

it is not working for me either.  I have windows 7 64-bit, and Internet Explorer 8.

fpo Honor Student
Honor Student
fpo
Message 8 of 9 (1,136 Views)

I upgraded to IE9 on my hp s3505f, vista 32, hp 3500 color laserjet printer - won't print web pages anymore.  Same problem as others - appears to be no support either from MS or HP.  I use it for business and it is frustrating.  I need a fixt that worksd nothing here or on the MS site was of any use, just a waste of time.

Honor Student
Jerry8
Message 9 of 9 (1,039 Views)

A new version with IE9 support should be released in the next few weeks.

Jerry

----------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation