Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

After installing HP Smart Print, icon does not show in Command bar in IE Browser. It only appears when I transfer an outlook message to the IE browser. Plese help.

OS  Windows  7-64

IE    9

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I found out that HP Smart Print is not compatible with IE (64bits) so my problem was solved using IE (256).

Thank you very much.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello. I am sorry that you are having that problem with the printer. Have you tried right clicking on the tool bar and going into the Customize option?  From there go to the “Add or Remove Commands” and then in the box that opens up labeled "Customize Toolbar", you should be able to place the HP Smart print icon in the Add column and then select Reset

I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended
HP Smart Print is not listed in "Add or Remove Commands"
HP Recommended

If you go to Start>>Control panel >> Programs>> Uninstall  a program and  right click on HP smart Print, does it give you the options to uninstall, change or repair? 

HP Recommended

I recreated the problem you are having by upgrading to IE 9 from IE 8 and losing my HP smart print. Here is how I resolved it.  Go to Start>> Control Panel >>Programs and uninstall both the Bing Bar and HP Smart Print. Follow instructions for closing IE and restarting if your computer prompts for it. Then go to this link and follow the steps to get it installed and then to get it activated.  I hope this helps. 

HP Recommended

I found out that HP Smart Print is not compatible with IE (64bits) so my problem was solved using IE (256).

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

I have same problem: NO icon and no way to run smart print.  Using Win 7, IE 10, downloaded ok, set "add ons" to enable smart print AND nothing!  What now?

HP Recommended

Using Windows 7, IE 10, downloaded ok, enabled at 'add-ons' but no HP icon and no way to run it.  Please Help. Thank you. perinky

HP Recommended

I just downloaded the last HP Smart Print update, and is working perfectly with Internet Explorer 10.

HP Recommended

Thanks, but that really does not tell me how to fix my problem, does it?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.