Question

Honor Student
stonder
Message 1 of 8 (642 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP Smart Printing Software

[ Edited ]

I received something with my new ink cartridge telling me about HP Smart Print.  I went to web site

hp.com/go/smartprint/offers.  I downloaded the software.  It installed and put a notification in my

taskbar.  I had to download Bing Bar because I did not have it.  It downloaded fine.  But when I click on the

HP Smart Print button It will choose a portion to print fine but does not give me a place to edit or cancel or print.

So I read something that told me to uninstall and then to reinstall.  I uninstalled but the button on the

task bar did not go away.  When I try to reinstall it tells me that the program is already installed.  BUT

it is not listed in my All Programs list.  HELP please.  By the way I am running Internet Explorer 10.

Grad Student
Akki78
Message 2 of 8 (594 Views)

Re: HP Smart Printing Software

Hi,

which printer do you have and what is the operating system on the computer?
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Tutor
SteveB17
Message 3 of 8 (463 Views)

Okay, I'll try.  I have Win7 64 bit and I.E. 11.   I have the same problem.  Does smart print work in this situation?  If so, how do it edit.  Even more basic, how do I tell smart print to print?

Tutor
SteveB17
Message 4 of 8 (461 Views)

I forgot to add, I have a photosmart D5160. The last printer HP or anyone else made that doesn't get clogged ink jets, as far as I know.
Tutor
SteveB17
Message 5 of 8 (459 Views)

One more thing. I didn't install any HP software. Win7 installs a driver automatically, and I can do anything with this printer I want. The only exception is I can't display the ink level, but the printer does that.
HP Support Agent
Advance23
Message 6 of 8 (430 Views)

Hi SteveB17,

I understand that you are having a problem installing Smart Print on your computer. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.  Here is a video on Downloading and Installing HP Smart Print.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" by the Reply to say “Thanks” for helping!

~Advance23~
I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
SteveB17
Message 7 of 8 (427 Views)

I guess the video cleared up my problem.  It says smart print only works with I.E. 6 through 9.

I have I.E. 11.

It seems to install okay.  When I click on the smart print icon, it selects an area of the page.  But after that, nothing.

Tutor
SteveB17
Message 8 of 8 (422 Views)

I clicked on Kudos. I don't see the "Accept as Solution" button.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation