Question

Top Student
Noodlesknees
Message 1 of 21 (84,711 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I fix, "An error has occurred in the script on this page, Line: 2107"?

How do I fix "An error has occurred in the script on this page, Line: 2107, Char: 1"? I recently upgraded to Explorer 9

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 21 (84,704 Views)

Re: How do I fix, "An error has occurred in the script on this page, Line: 2107"?

Hi,

Click the Start Menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator' - click ok to the UAC prompt.  Type in the following command and hit enter

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll                       (Note: there is a space after regsvr32 before actxprxy.dll)    Hit enter

Now type exit and hit enter to exit the Command Prompt and see if this has helped the issue.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
Noodlesknees
Message 3 of 21 (84,696 Views)

Re: How do I fix, "An error has occurred in the script on this page, Line: 2107"?

The solution offerred by DavidPK did not correct the problem.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 21 (84,689 Views)

Hi,

Try again, but run the other 2 commands first.

Click the Start Menu, click All Programs, click Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator' - click ok to the UAC prompt.  Type in the following commands and hit enter after each one.

regsvr32 ole32.dll

regsvr32 oleaut.dll

regsvr32 actxprxy.dll                       (Note: there is always a space after regsvr32 )

Now type exit and hit enter to exit the Command Prompt.  Restart the PC and see if this has helped the issue.

Regards,

DP-K

Top Student
Noodlesknees
Message 5 of 21 (84,687 Views)

When I entered the command regsvr32 ole32.dll, I got the message "The module ole32.dll was loaded but the call to DllRegister Server failed with the error code 0X80070005

Provost
DavidPK
Message 6 of 21 (84,681 Views)

Hi,

Try resetting IE.

Close any open IE windows.  Open windows Control Panel, open Internet Options, click the Advanced tab and click the 'Reset' button.  Confirm this selection and then close the window and reboot the PC.

Regards,

DP-K

Top Student
Noodlesknees
Message 7 of 21 (84,678 Views)

DP-K

Thank you for your patience, but the Advance, Reset, etc did not correct the problem. I went back and tried to put in the 3 commands and I got the error statement on the first one again. I'm using Vista and a HP 1020 printer.  I downloaded Explorer 9 and this printing problem began. I am unable to print from a web page.

Provost
DavidPK
Message 8 of 21 (84,675 Views)

Hi,

I would try uninstalling IE9 as shown in the link below.

http://www.uniquetipsonline.com/how-to-uninstall-internet-explorer-9-from-windows-vista-and-windows-...

When this has completed and you've restarted the PC, see if you can now print.  If everything works Ok, try reinstalling IE9 with your Security Software temporarily turned off during the installation.

Regards,

DP-K

Top Student
Noodlesknees
Message 9 of 21 (84,671 Views)

Hello DP-K,

Again thank you. I uninstalled Explorer 9 and the Printing works fine. I will stay with Explorer 8.

Noodlesknees

Provost
DavidPK
Message 10 of 21 (84,665 Views)

Hi,

Glad you've got it working again :smileyhappy:

All the best,

DP-K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation