Question
How do I fix, "An error has occurred in the script on this page, Line: 2107"?
Replies (20)

Honor Student
Koolkat
Message 11 of 21 (13,959 Views)

Re: How do I fix, "An error has occurred in the script on this page, Line: 2107"?

Thanks, but it didn't work. The error message" scipt error, an error has occurred in the script of this page(webpage). line:2107,

Char:1, Error: unexpected call to method or property access, Code:0, URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.js"

koolkat

Provost
DavidPK
Message 12 of 21 (13,954 Views)

Re: How do I fix, "An error has occurred in the script on this page, Line: 2107"?

Hi,

What version of IE are you using?

What operating system and version are you using ( ie Windows 7 32bit )?

What steps have you tried to solve this?

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Koolkat
Message 13 of 21 (13,940 Views)

I followed the instructions from DPK on script error line 2107. No error msg appeared. No printing took place. An error msg appears on the HP laserjet 1018 printer queue . I have IE9 installed using VISTA home premium 32 bit. Any further suggestions

Koolkat

Honor Student
Koolkat
Message 14 of 21 (13,920 Views)

I uninstalled IE9.  web printing works with IE8

Koolkat

Student
jphugh
Message 15 of 21 (13,371 Views)

Error message res://ieframe.dll/preview.js received when printing IE9 webpage from Win7

I have an Officejet 4500 G510n-Z printer setup to wirelessly print.

I had the same problem with both IE8 and IE9 neither will print a webpage.

I have tried using the IE and IE 64-bit versions, neither works.

With IE I get the error message:  res://ieframe.dll/preview.js on line 2107

With IE 64-bit I get the error message Internet Explorer had an internal error and is unable to print.

Student
melchizedek
Message 16 of 21 (12,906 Views)

Re: Error message res://ieframe.dll/preview.js received when printing IE9 webpage from Win7

Has anyone found an answer to this problem?? I have the same one about the error has occured 2107

Char 1 etc.

Honor Student
needhelp101
Message 17 of 21 (12,759 Views)

This fix did not work for Internet Explorer 64 bit mode.  Still get a script error 2107.

Student
khalid2012
Message 18 of 21 (12,667 Views)

waiting for reply

Intern
DanSmith
Message 19 of 21 (11,563 Views)

The issue is caused when Windows creates the printer profile in the control panel that it doesn't correctly create it with the drivers.

We're not going to completely uninstall all the HP software, instead we're going to remove the corrupt Windows printer profile and reinstall it.  Total time for this on an average computer is about 5-10 minutes to completely repair (including reboot).

1) Navigate to Start Menu > Devices and Printers or Start Menu > Control Panel > Printers

2) Select each printer profile for the printer with an issue, then select remove device/printer.

3) Reboot

4) Navigate to Start Menu > All Programs > HP > insert model # here > Add Printer (or Setup Wizard)

5) Follow the setup prompts to reinstall the printer profile and it recreates the Windows printer.

6) Run the HP Update Tool from Start Menu > All Programs > HP if your printer installs it, rebooting afterwards if necessary.

7) Test by printing google.com (uses very little ink when the test page comes out).

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Thanks,

Dan

I work for an internation tech company and personally perform thousands of computer repairs a year. I'm based out of the US working for a US company, and have been working on computers for over 13 years.

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
Student
mel2012
Message 20 of 21 (11,087 Views)

I uninstalled internet explorer 9, and went back to internet explorer 8 and I can print again. No more error messages.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation