Question

Student
philryan27
Message 1 of 9 (5,228 Views)

How do I get rid of the HP Smart Web Printing that pops up every time I open ie?

Any help would be appreciated.

Honor Student
jhtheking
Message 2 of 9 (5,216 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of the HP Smart Web Printing that pops up every time I open ie?

Sorry I have no idea but every time I open a folder it tries and fails to install it... This is the most annoying piece of junk I have ever seen.

Student
leonnotrub
Message 3 of 9 (5,067 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of the HP Smart Web Printing that pops up every time I open ie?

philryan27 wrote:

philryan27 wrote:

same problem here have no idea does hp have an answer

Student
CFSL
Message 4 of 9 (4,992 Views)

I cannot find a way in the program itself.  I am going to uninstall it by going to control panel

Student
Simonize
Message 5 of 9 (4,960 Views)

Same problem here and getting this crap all the time is a pain.  I can't find what to delete and unistall/install doesn't work either.

PhD Student
Binary_Zen
Message 6 of 9 (4,925 Views)

When you have IE open, click Tools, click Manage Add-Ons, click on HP Smart Web Printing on the list and the click the option to Disable this add-on. Close all open IE and then re-open it. HP Smart Web Printing should no longer automatically load.

Binary_Zen (worked at HP )

Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
Student
53amart
Message 7 of 9 (3,541 Views)

[ Edited ]

Finally! It worked. Thank you for your help Binary_ Zen.

Student
googie50
Message 8 of 9 (2,820 Views)

jhtheking wrote:

Sorry I have no idea but every time I open a folder it tries and fails to install it... This is the most annoying piece of junk I have ever seen.

Honor Student
jimarclem
Message 9 of 9 (2,261 Views)

Re: How do I get rid of the HP Smart Web Printing that pops up every time I open i?

When I open ie, there is no "tools" shown on the toolbar or anywhere else that I can see.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation