Question

Honor Student
loriincanada
Message 1 of 8 (2,927 Views)

How do I get the HP Creations tips from popping up on my computer when I'm not using it.

Ever since I clicked on HP Creations to see what it does, I get hourly prompts from HP Creations popping up on my computer.  I'm not even using the program.

I'd rather not uninstall it, in case I use it one day, but I find it very annoying to see these popups.

I've tried rebooting. but that doesn't seem to work.

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 2 of 8 (2,920 Views)

Re: How do I get the HP Creations tips from popping up on my computer when I'm not using it.

Hi Lori.

Thank you for writing. This "Communicator" feature is an optional addition when you install HP Photo Creations. It notifies you of software updates, new artwork, and special deals. 

To turn off the pop-up messages, start HP Photo Creations and click the Online Feature Options button at the top right. (It has a lightning bolt.) Then uncheck the checkbox called Enable Notifications.

If your computer has already downloaded a message, the message may continue to pop up for another day. Click the X on the message to dismiss it, and you shouldn't see it again.

Our support team can walk you through the process or address any questions. They're at hpsupport@rocketlife.com.

Thank you for trying HP Photo Creations,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Honor Student
loriincanada
Message 3 of 8 (2,918 Views)

Re: How do I get the HP Creations tips from popping up on my computer when I'm not using it.

This is what pops up, about once an hour.  

2012-05-21_1324.png

Yes, I can click on the "x" and it goes away, but it comes back in an hour.  I've tried the tools, everything I can think of.

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 4 of 8 (2,912 Views)

Hi Lori.

Did you try changing the notification settings from within HP Photo Creations itself, as described above? (Start HP Photo Creations, click the lightning-bolt button at top right, and then uncheck Enable Notifications.)

Our customer support team can help at hpsupport@rocketlife.com.

Online Feature Options Button

Online Features Options

Thanks for writing,

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Honor Student
loriincanada
Message 5 of 8 (2,908 Views)

Yes, I did that a few days ago, but the notices still happen.  I checked again just now, and the notifications icon is still not checked.  

Interesting, every time I click on the lightning bolt the "access to internet" is checked, evne if I turn it off.  

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 6 of 8 (2,890 Views)

Hi Lori.

This sounds like a special case. Please contact our customer support team at hpsupport@rocketlife.com so they can diagnose why the fix isn't working on your system. Thank you for your patience, and for letting us know.

RocketLife 

Honor Student
NVMRX
Message 7 of 8 (2,718 Views)

When I discovered the HP Photo Creations Communicator was still running even though I disabled it during installation, I sought and received the advice about going online to disable this updater.

I recently had to reinstall the HP software.  Again, I believe I unchecked the udpdater during the installation.  "Enable Notification" was still unchecked online

Some time afterwards I discovered "HP Photo Creations Communicatorr" was an actively scheduled task in my "Scheduled Tasks" directory.

It was set by default to run daily, once every hour.

You can disable the task there.

Or, you can adjust the schedule to run at intervals that are acceptable for you personally. 

But if you do, enable notifications onlne first, then adjust the scheduled task, because whenever it is enabled onlne, it will automatically reset the schedule to the default (daily, every hour)

I altered mine to run once a week on Monday, starting at 12am, every 20 minutes, for a duration of 1 hour.   

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 8 of 8 (2,674 Views)

Here's our updated guide to HP Photo Creations Communicator:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/how-do-I-remove-rocketlife-communicato...

We explain in a few steps how to enable specific types of messages (such as software update notifications) or turn them all off. 

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation