Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I am trying to scan with the web scan feature.  When the scan is done, the following message appears in red "Click the Save icon to save the scan on your computer."  There is no "Save" icon anywhere on the screen.  If I right click on the image or on the page, no "Save" option appears in the available menue.  Help & thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

What type of printer do you have?

Are you scanning from the HP software or HP Solution Center?

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911n

I am scanning from the ip address for the printer.  That brings up a web page named #hId-pgWebScan.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Do you have a picture of the 8600 on your deskjet?

If so, double click on that icon, and choose SCAN A DOCUMENT and go through that stage.

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
HP Recommended

Anybody ever found the mysterious "SAVE" button for PDFs in webscan?

HP Recommended

Hi,

I remember an issue with Acrobat Reader X a few years back where the Save button would not be seen when scanning PDF files.  Unfortunately, I don't have the printer that used to show this issue anymore.  So the possible workarounds below are from memory.  I apologize in advance if they don't match your situation.

As I recall, the issue is that the Save button that would normally appear in Acrobat is not displayed because the preview window for the scan is too small and that version of Acrobat does not resize to display it.

You can try:

- Press Ctl-Shift-S to invoke the Save option.

- Disable the PDF preview in the Acrobat plugin.

- If you confirm that you have Acrobat Reader X installed, you could also try upgrading to a later version of Acrobat to see if that have resolves the problem.

Good luck!

I am an HP employee. My opinions are not the opinions of HP.
HP Recommended

@jaygriz Alternatively, you can try using a different browser (Chrome, IE, Firefox). I think the problem is in the location of the button. The scan preview window maybe too small hence the save button is hidden.

I don't know whether zooming-in and out will help (hold ctrl + scroll mouse), but it may help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Though I work for HP, I'm speaking for myself and not HP. Just trying to help as much as I can
**Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
... or just a thumb up if you like my reply 🙂 **
HP Recommended

which browser are you using?

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I think the Webscan will open a new browser window and display the scanned document. If you are scanning a JPEG, you could right-click the scanned image and save it. If you are scanning a PDF, you could use the PDF viewer controls to save it

Hope that helps!

Regards,
hphk

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Press Ctl-Shift-S:

is the correct information, thanks

Carlo

@RonTSD wrote:

Hi,

I remember an issue with Acrobat Reader X a few years back where the Save button would not be seen when scanning PDF files.  Unfortunately, I don't have the printer that used to show this issue anymore.  So the possible workarounds below are from memory.  I apologize in advance if they don't match your situation.

As I recall, the issue is that the Save button that would normally appear in Acrobat is not displayed because the preview window for the scan is too small and that version of Acrobat does not resize to display it.

You can try:

- Press Ctl-Shift-S to invoke the Save option.

- Disable the PDF preview in the Acrobat plugin.

- If you confirm that you have Acrobat Reader X installed, you could also try upgrading to a later version of Acrobat to see if that have resolves the problem.

Good luck!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.