Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

thank you thank you thank you . . . this has been annoying me for some time now. Not great when my client pays by the sheet and my printer looses track of how many copies it's printed.

HP Recommended

Thank you - thank you - thank you!!!  You're right - not very intuitive, but works like a charm!

HP Recommended

Brilliant!!  Why didn't HP think of that.  Open and close the printer's toner door to clear the "out of paper" error message.  Now that's intuitive.

HP Recommended

I could not believe it myself until I tried. Lifting the cover as if you were changing the ink cartridge and reclosing it prompted the printer to resume the job. 

Previously, a small dialog box would pop up with a go button to press when you were done refilling the tray with paper. It has disappeared. 

Very strange! 

HP Recommended

This solution totally works!  I have been trying to fix this myself since I got the printer.  Thank you.  It's great that such a simple solution exists and that I can find it online.  It's pathetic that the HP engineers allowed this to happen.

HP Recommended

This is a late response, but none of the solutions offered worked on my HP Laserjet P1102w under Linux =(12,14, 16)

But I did discover the following by accident:

if you shutdown your linux system (without cancelling any of the pending out-ot paper lines), your printer will come to life and begin printing the hubg jobs when you restart.  Yes I know this is a hassel, but i've found it to be the only way to revive those jobs and not loose the content.

HP Recommended

Stephane is an IT genius.  I have had these printers for years.  I knew of the window that pops up to resume when paper is again loaded but it takes forever to come up.  Open/close lid is quick and works!

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.