Print is unreadable, too small (1462 Views)
Top Student
johnharvey1
Message 1 of 5 (1,462 Views)
Accepted Solution

Print is unreadable, too small

[ Edited ]

Hello,  I am using Windows 7, I.E 8 and the printer is a H.P. C5280 all in one.

Here is an example >  the print is about half the size of this.

Thanks to anyone that has a solution.

Top Student
nanatooley
Message 2 of 5 (1,432 Views)

Re: Print is unreadable, too small

I'm using an old XP because HP printers seem to have connection issues (for at least a decade + that I've had them) and my new laptop (HP) won't print even when it recognizes the printer is there (wired network)!

Anyway, loved that I was able to drag the window to include all the text I wanted but, as the OP said, the print is tiny. I resized the margins (increased as I'd made them .5" for an earlier print) and it seems as though the print got even smaller!

There needs to be a way to control the size of the print - let the user decide if they want the smaller print or - in my case as I'm printing a crochet pattern - BIGGER print!  :-)

As it is, I won't be using Smart Print....too bad as it seems like a great idea!

Student
dpark41
Message 3 of 5 (1,413 Views)

[ Edited ]

I recenlty purchased a new HEWLET PACKARD  HPO photosmart C4700  all purpose printer.  Wish I hadn't.  Radio Shack dealer was no help. 

ANother HP product that too many consumers can not use.  What good is a HP printer if you cannot read to print?

The plrint is useless,  too small to read    No data found to fix this.  I bought another brand and it works great.  Sent messages to HP  no reply,  maybe HP went out of business with such poor service.  Just set it on shelf in my closet

til I junk it or try to return it to dealer. 

Top Student
shania3
Message 4 of 5 (1,334 Views)

If you are trying to print a web page, you can go up to file and then Print Preview. Go up to "Shrink To Fit" button and a drop down menu appears. Change the setting to say 100% or 125%, then click Print. Your web page document will print in larger fonts. You will have to play around with it to see what size fits your needs. Hope this helps.

If you are speaking of Web Print, I don't know of any solution yet. I am trying to figure that out. I will post when I find a solution.

Top Student
johnharvey1
Message 5 of 5 (1,315 Views)

Hello Shania 3

Thank you for your help it was  helpful.

Bye.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation