Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I just upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I have an HPenvy 5530. It says my printer is off line. How to I get it offline?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @rez2,

Welcome to the HP Community!

I hope to help you out with the concern you have with your Envy showing as "Offline", since upgrading to Windows 10. Please make sure you run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows to start with, to ensure the updating software and drivers are installed for Windows 10.

If the printer still shows as offline, follow the steps from this guide, and please respond back to me with the outcome: HP Printers - 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)

I look forward to hearing the outcome from you, and I hope my ideas are helpful!

If you want to show appreciation for my reply to help today, click the thumbs up below, and if these steps help you reach a solution, hit the "Accept as Solution" button so others in the community can find our posts easily.

HappyEnjoyYourDay.PNG

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi there @rez2,

Welcome to the HP Community!

I hope to help you out with the concern you have with your Envy showing as "Offline", since upgrading to Windows 10. Please make sure you run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows to start with, to ensure the updating software and drivers are installed for Windows 10.

If the printer still shows as offline, follow the steps from this guide, and please respond back to me with the outcome: HP Printers - 'Offline' Printer Status Message Displays (Windows 10)

I look forward to hearing the outcome from you, and I hope my ideas are helpful!

If you want to show appreciation for my reply to help today, click the thumbs up below, and if these steps help you reach a solution, hit the "Accept as Solution" button so others in the community can find our posts easily.

HappyEnjoyYourDay.PNG

a i n b o w 7000

I work on behalf of HP

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Not sure how but my printer is working!!!! I am trying to learn how to use this forum:). Thank You for responding:)
HP Recommended

I have a Dell computer and use Windows 10.  Today I tried to print and nothing happened.  I checked the status and got a "printer offline" message.  After turning off the printer (which usually works), it stayed offline.  I went right to HP Support and ended up downloading "HP Print and Scan Doctor".  I also, per instructions from HP troubleshooting, unplugged the printer (power cord at the back of the printer) and also unplugged the power cord from the power source...both for about 60 secords.  Once I plugged both back in, the printer powered up and the "HP Print and Scan Doctor" went right to work.  Soon I received a message that some "issues" had been detected and fixed and to try a test print.  It worked!!  And the printer is now online and working fine. 

Hope this helps.  (Printer is HP 52175 W (HP Officejet 6700))

HP Recommended

i have a hppsc 1400 all in one series could not find it but having problems with settings and can not get it to print at  this time

HP Recommended

HAVE HP LASERJET PRINTER M1212NFMFP . HAS BEEN OFFLINE FOR 2 DAYS.

HP Recommended

make sure device sharing is turned on

HP Recommended

Background:

I have 5 devices that prints to two printers

• Dell Inspiron 13-7348   Win10
  • Dell Inspiron 13-7352   Win 10
  • Asus 11" laptop               Win10
  • HP 15" laptop                   Win10
  • Samsung Tablet              Android 4.4.2  CLOUD PRINT

Two printers

• Samsung laser2880
  • HP 8610 OfficeJet Pro

I have been getting PRINTER OFFLINE error.

Here's what I did to correct MY problem.

I had issues with the OfficeJet Pro PRINTER OFFLINE

I made sute the computers were on my Homenetwork for shearing turned on.

Made sure that Laser printer is set to default print (review copies and emails.     

Made that the OfficeJet Pro has to be selected (for colour print)            

Made sure the system was hooked up to my network of a router and a router extender.

The system now sweetly prints to both printers; the inkjet, I have select from  select the OfficeJet Pro 8610 for colour print.

Regards

Victor

HP Recommended

My all in one 1210v just went offline on its on, it had been printing minutes before it randomly decided to go offline.  Now I've removed it, unplugged everything, reinstalled it and nothing is giving, it's still offline.  Most people say to uncheck the box that says use offline, well, it is unchecked.  I went into the device driver page and right click gets me scan for problems and troubleshoot, not remove driver like you'd think it would.  So I'm terrified this fantastic printer has seen it's better days.  Please help I love this printer!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.