Question

za Top Student
Top Student
za
Message 1 of 59 (68,692 Views)
Accepted Solution

Printer won't let me get it online

My printer shows it's offline. When I go to control panel-printer -right click the printer icon-click run as administrator it only shows "use printer offline". It does not show the  "use printer online" option. How can we solve this problem?

Ed

Intern
TaraTech
Message 2 of 59 (68,673 Views)

Re: Printer won't let me get it online

How is your printer connected - USB, ethernet or wireless?

What model is your printer?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I do work for HP Printer Support, however my comments/advice are mine alone.
za Top Student
Top Student
za
Message 3 of 59 (68,666 Views)

I have a deskjet 3650 and a wireless network but the printer is connected to a PC with a USB cable. It worked fine up until three days ago.

Intern
alrtech
Message 4 of 59 (68,594 Views)

Just click where it says "Use Printer Offline" the checkmark should go away, and your computer should show the printer as "Online"

While I am an HP employee, I am not a expert on all our products. If I offer advice, I'm not speaking for HP on how to solve an issue, but I'll do my personal best to help you.
Honor Student
ddugan48137
Message 5 of 59 (68,503 Views)

I switched the check box to put the printer online but it still indicates that it is off line.  How do I get it to print documents on my ccomputer?

Student
lide
Message 6 of 59 (67,594 Views)

my hp deskjet f2200 is showing up as printer is offline and will not print could you please advise me how to get it to print

Top Student
PatriciaFrakes
Message 7 of 59 (67,543 Views)

New HP 4500  printer shows it is off line.  How can I get it online>

za wrote:

My printer shows it's offline. When I go to control panel-printer -right click the printer icon-click run as administrator it only shows " printer offline". It does not show the  " printer online" option. How can we solve this problem?

Ed

Tutor
cliff_lee
Message 8 of 59 (67,529 Views)

Hi,

You can try this, right click on the printer Icon, find " Printer properties" -> "Port" -> "Add port", configure the printer port appropriately and see if the printer is online or not.

Honor Student
soper777
Message 9 of 59 (66,426 Views)

I have a HP photosmart 2700.   I have used it for several years.  Now suddenly when I want to print it says the printer in not on line -- and I cannot find any way to get it on line. 

Student
gloramon
Message 10 of 59 (65,180 Views)

how can get hd 7510 printer back on line

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation