Question

Honor Student
mutley
Message 1 of 3 (1,880 Views)

Printing items off internet

I'm not too sure if anyone has experienced this problem, but whenever I try to print off the internet to my HP LaserJet 2100 printer or HP Officejet 6310 printer, the monitor screen turns blue and has white lettering saying that "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down, etc."  My computer works fine and prints out other things from various programs.  It's just whenever I try to print anything from the internet, whether it's a confirmation on my credit card payment or whatever when I get a printout that looks like programming with lots of brackets, slashes and lettering.  I hope there's someone out there that has experienced this problem.  It's driving me nuts!
Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 2 of 3 (1,862 Views)

Re: Printing items off internet

When did it work last time correctly? If recently, try restoring the computer back to when it last worked.

Do you get the blue screen of death when you print in other applications like Microsoft Office or Wordpad?

Have you tried resetting the Internet Explorer options from the options and reboot the pc and try again?

Try scanning the computer for viruses/spyware.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 3 of 3 (1,838 Views)

Re: Printing items off internet

You could try installing another web browser like Opera or Firefox and see if it prints fine from these browsers. Then its clearly an Internet Explorer issue(im assuming this is what you're using right now).
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation