Question

Honor Student
jim1234567890
Message 1 of 6 (4,811 Views)
Accepted Solution

Remove HP Smart Web Printing

[ Edited ]

How do I remove HP Smart Web Printing from always being there on the left side of my Internet Explorer Screen.  I do not want it to automatically be there.  I will find it when I need it.

Thanks

Student
Martai
Message 2 of 6 (4,629 Views)

Re: Remove HP Smart Web Printing

How do i remove smart web printing it keeps on poping up and is very irritating. I have used add remove programs but it still pops up

Honor Student
gordonh
Message 3 of 6 (4,587 Views)

I had the same problem and found the way to fix it - easy if you know how!

On the toolbar which has on it "File Edit View Favorites Tools Help" (I can never remember which toolbar is which) click on View to open up a menu with Toolbars at the top of it. Look a bit further down to see "Explorer Bars" and in here you can untick the Smart Web Print option to get rid of your irritating side bar. Reverse the action to restore it. Or - click on Tools ON THE EXPLORER BAR (the one with the icons for Home, Print, Preview etc) then "Toolbars" then "Customise" and you can add the HP Smart Web Print Icon. Then it is just a case of clicking this icon to put the side bar on the left of the screen only when you want it. Hope that helps!

Honor Student
Pallickal
Message 4 of 6 (4,573 Views)

I cannot remove HP Smart Web Priting even in add or remove programme. How will I remove HP Smart Web Printing from my computer. I want to install the complete software fresh.

Top Student
wada-gy
Message 5 of 6 (2,879 Views)

I had that annoying pop-up and finally found out how to get rid of it.  Very easy

Tools,

internet options,

programs tab,

manage add ons,(bottom of page)

scroll down to find Smart Web Printing

click the disable tab on the left

I got rid of it

Intern
SmartPrintRUs
Message 6 of 6 (2,858 Views)

Thank you for providing your tips.  I've seen many questions on this forum asking about the same thing so I'm sure your post will be of help to many people!

Best Regards,

SmartPrintRUs

* Disclaimer: I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation