Re: Script Error Message Printing in IE9 (2552 Views)
Honor Student
sassy59
Message 1 of 7 (2,553 Views)
Accepted Solution

Script Error Message Printing in IE9

I get a "Script Error" message when I try to print anything from IE9.  My OS is Windows 7 and I have a HP Deskjet 4480 all in one.  I ran printer tool fix and it gave me a green light.  I can print anything else from my computer that is not within IE.  Would appreciate help to remedy this situation.  Thank you.

Master's Graduate
Cole_M
Message 2 of 7 (2,552 Views)

Re: Script Error Message Printing in IE9

Hello sassy59,

On your computer:

1. Go to the Start button.
  2. Select All Programs.
  3. If you have both Internet Explorer and Internet Explorer 64-bit, open the version that is not the 64-bit and try to print.
If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.
Honor Student
sassy59
Message 3 of 7 (2,548 Views)

Wicked awesome!  Thanks.  That but the only thing I didn't think of doing.  Have a great day!

Student
Nelsoninjcmo
Message 4 of 7 (2,344 Views)

Changing the Versions of explorere didn't help.  It isn't just explorer, photo preview won't print, nor will notes, and several other built in windows 7 programs.  The errors are different with each, if the even give one.  Most of the time they just do nothing.  

Top Student
StephenHV
Message 5 of 7 (681 Views)

I have a similar problem of being unable to print in IE 9 (however using Firefox is fine).

I read your reply, but couldn't  determine whether I have IE 64-bit or not.

I have an HP Deskjet 1000 Printer J110a, and have run the diognostic tools to no avail.

Suggestions much appreciated.

Stephen.

China.

Distinguished Professor
Ciara_B
Message 6 of 7 (645 Views)

Hi Stephen, I'm not an expert on IE9 but I know Miles has a pretty good link in the post below

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Web-Printing-Software/HP-Smart-Print-amp-IE9-Support/td-p/762253

Does this help?

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
Top Student
StephenHV
Message 7 of 7 (627 Views)

Hi everyone,

I think my particular problem stems from having a non-genuine version of Microsoft Windows 7 (as is very common in China).

So I will try to solve this major issue first.

Regards and thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation