Question

Student
pandygirl
Message 1 of 11 (25,093 Views)

There was an internal error and Internet Explorer 9 is unable to print this document

There was an internal error and Internet Explorer 9 is unable to print this document.

Honor Student
Licagin
Message 2 of 11 (25,064 Views)

Re: There was an internal error and Internet Explorer 9 is unable to print this document

I have seen two posts in recent days regarding this message.   I have Windows 7 and IE 9 and have spent the entire day attempting unsuccessfully to correct this problem.  It appears to be a rather common problem.   Does anyone know the proper fix?

Honor Student
PhillyFan8026
Message 3 of 11 (25,031 Views)

Re: There was an internal error and Internet Explorer 9 is unable to print this document

I have the same problem but with a twist. Running IE9 and Windows 7 64 bit. The computer has 4 users, 3 of which can print and 1 that cannot. The one that cannot print is set up as an administrator. Of the 3 that can 1 is an administrator and 2 who are not. Problem only started aget installing IE9. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Student
emichalo
Message 4 of 11 (24,711 Views)

I encountered the same problem with an HP Officejet 4500 printer. I tried many solutions including removing the HP Smart Web Printing software. It appears to be a problem with compatability issues with Windows 7 (64 bit), Internet Explorel 9 (64 bit) and HP printer software.

One solution I found is that I run Internet Explorer 9 as an Administrator (right click mouse on  Internet Explorer, run as administrator)

I hope HP will come with a solution with updating its software and drivers to run with Internet Explorer 9

Student
maryannjone
Message 5 of 11 (24,343 Views)

I stopped using the 64-bit and turnede on other one. It just worked.

Honor Student
Jack7000
Message 6 of 11 (22,816 Views)

I solved the problem

I have same print error problem; Win 7-64, IE9. Works with IE8.

In Devices and Printers, I have the original printer install and an alias that is shared across our office (Jacks color printer).

I set my default to "Jacks color printer" at the time of install.

I discovered I can print to the original install "HP Officejet Pro 8000 A809 Series" every time.

Changed my Default Printer to the original install and it prints every time, NO ERRORS.

HTH.

Student
edandred
Message 7 of 11 (20,805 Views)

I'm getting this message when trying to print something in Explorer 9.  I am able to print from an e mail.

Honor Student
Jack7000
Message 8 of 11 (20,769 Views)

Solved - Re: There was an internal error and Internet Explorer 9 is unable to print this document

I chased this error all over Google and found multiple answers.

My problem was IE9, installed as a Windows update process.

I uninstalled IE9 and the problem went away.

According to several posts, the Win Update to IE9 breaks something that can't be fixed.

Only solution is to uninstall IE9.

Upgrade to IE9 can be accomplished by downloading and install by user, not Win Update.

Seems to be a different codebase/process that doesn't break print process.

Student
Husky75
Message 9 of 11 (20,508 Views)

This usely happens when useing Explorer 8-9 and you have 64 Bit system. In windows7 it has two Internet Explorer's, a 32 Bit and a 64 Bit versions,the 32 Bit one is your  (Default version) use that to do your printing and it will end your problem's.

Good Luck           Husky75

Honor Student
thunder63
Message 10 of 11 (14,003 Views)

how to fix this problem

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation