Question

Tutor
Sistafatti
Message 1 of 2 (997 Views)

What is HP Smart Web Printing

Recently purchased a HP Photosmart Plus Printer/Scanner. When I installed the software I now have an item on the left side of my screen whenever I am on the internet and I have no idea what the purpose is. I have discovered that I can click the "select" button and then drag the cursor over an item on a web page and it will show the item on the black window. Then what? Why would I want to select (clip) an item? Can someone explain to me what I am missing with this feature?

Master's Graduate
Miles
Message 2 of 2 (934 Views)

Re: What is HP Smart Web Printing

Hello Sistafatti,

SWP is pretty unique browser plug-in that allows you to copy bits and pieces of the content you're browsing on the web. The benefit of using the is that it allows you to capture and print what you want and not all the other stuff found on a web page, like all the ads. So, for example, you could do research on electric cars and use SWP to save the images and text you're interested, then print it out. You'll end up with only the information you want and you'll save ink and paper in the process.

To learn more about SWP, check out the SWP website at: www.hp.com/go/swp

Miles
HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation