Where is the HP Smart Web Printing button in the browser toolbar.?? (14147 Views)
Top Student
Jerry11139
Message 1 of 28 (14,147 Views)
Accepted Solution

Where is the HP Smart Web Printing button in the browser toolbar.??

I uninstalled & reinstalled Hp Web Smart Printing and still no "button" on my IE8 toolbar ? The first time after installing it the black side bar is there then when I click the X to close it it never reapears anywhere ? How can I get it in my toolbar to click and use it when I need it ? Jerry11139
Top Student
Jerry11139
Message 2 of 28 (14,127 Views)

Re: Where is the HP Smart Web Printing button in the browser toolbar.??

Someone in Aug09 told where to find it. Thanks to the forum I can now use the web print finally.

It was in the " customize tools then it was in the ADD section along with other options.

Thanks jerry11139

Student
fc37
Message 3 of 28 (14,113 Views)

I downloaded smart web printing and the icon for it does not appear in the tool bar. What do I need to do so I can use the smart web printing?

Top Student
n3772w
Message 4 of 28 (13,552 Views)

I have been having the same problem.  I uninstalled several times and it didn't help.  I tried a couple of fixes that didn"t work.  Then I could utilize the Smart Web Page by going to tools, explorer bars, then select Smart Web Printing.  Ironically,

I got an unsolicitated  HP Update (Download)over the internet, installed it, Now I can't do anything.  I cannot get the icon and when I go through the original fix above and select HP SMART WEB PRINTING my Windows explorer shuts down.

Top Student
n3772w
Message 5 of 28 (13,547 Views)

I'm sorry i have Vista with Explorer 8 and the download was to correct HP SmartWeb incompatability with Explorer 8..

Honor Student
doright
Message 6 of 28 (13,338 Views)

Was having a hard time finding that icon in IE8, as well.   I normally use Firefox and you can't miss it on that browser.  IE8 is an entirely different story.

In IE8, it's on the tool bar at the same level as all the tabs.  To the right of the home icon, printer icon, Page menu, etc., you'll see two small 'greater than' signs (>>).  Left click them and the icon to open the Smart Web Printing will be in a 'drop-down'.  Click on it and it will open the Clip Book.

If it'd been a snake it woulda bit me...

I had to post this in the forum because I'll forget where it is during the infrequent times I use IE8.  Now, I'll be able to search for my own post!!:smileyvery-happy:

Hope this helps someone.

Student
MaryMack
Message 7 of 28 (13,188 Views)

Many thanks.   Yes, it helped me a lot.  I am using Windows 7 (with new laptop, not upgraded from XP or Vista, which I know has caused endless problems) and it has been a total nightmare. (e.g. totally black screen that you can't do anything with.  You just have to hold down the computers on/off switch and wait for it to switch off.  Then when it restarts, it says that you didn't close Windows normally!)  So I'm still grappling with that one (and several others) but at least I can find the Smart Web printing icon now.

One more point:  You say you normally use Firefox.  I am a bit fed up with IE but anxious not to create any conflicts between the 2 systems.  Are  you satisfied that you can run both of them quite happily on the same computer?  Any conflict issues?  Don't want to get into any more trouble by downloading Firefox.

Please advise.

Many thanks

Top Student
hpuser008
Message 8 of 28 (13,066 Views)

doright wrote:

Was having a hard time finding that icon in IE8, as well.   I normally use Firefox and you can't miss it on that browser.  IE8 is an entirely different story.

In IE8, it's on the tool bar at the same level as all the tabs.  To the right of the home icon, printer icon, Page menu, etc., you'll see two small 'greater than' signs (>>).  Left click them and the icon to open the Smart Web Printing will be in a 'drop-down'.  Click on it and it will open the Clip Book.

If it'd been a snake it woulda bit me...

I had to post this in the forum because I'll forget where it is during the infrequent times I use IE8.  Now, I'll be able to search for my own post!!:smileyvery-happy:

Hope this helps someone.

If you want easier access to the icon right click toolbar click Customize, click Add or Remove Commands then you can move the HP swp icon up in the list then it will always show on your toolbar or you can delete some of the ones you don't use (like maybe feeds) this way you won't have to click the double arrows and click it on the drop down when you want it.

Honor Student
pamela1967
Message 9 of 28 (12,844 Views)

You say you can't miss the icon in Firefox?  I can't find it in Firefox.  It installed on EI.  Any suggestions?

thanks

Student
nancyjane28
Message 10 of 28 (12,181 Views)

Hello - I am using Firefox and can't find the icon! Did it come up immediatel for you? I couldn't find it in the 'Customize toolbar' section or anywhere else. Can you help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation