Question

Student
DaveCXY
Message 1 of 7 (1,251 Views)

how can i scan to email with officejet 4500 G510a

I have An officejet 4500 G510a Windows 7 64-bit system-- email settings error "the program could not find any supported email programs on your system.Please install a supported email program and try again". I get this error message when i click email settings in HP solution center trying to "scan to email.

Honor Student
Jameswscott
Message 2 of 7 (1,209 Views)

Re: how can i scan to email with officejet 4500 G510a

Yes same problem I think,

How can I specify an email client? The list gives me one option and I don't want to use it. I use Juno email client. (old I know but notheless) or even my gmail account. Can that be used? We need more options for the 'Scan to email' options.

Student
kathleenah
Message 3 of 7 (988 Views)

I have the same problem with an HP dv9730 laptop running Vista.  Have two laptops in the office connected to the HP Officejet 4500 wireless.  Both have been working fine for over a year, then recently one of the laptops began experiencing this issue. 

Can't scan to email OR to a file as there is nothing in the SCAN TO destination drop down to choose from.  Tried uninstalling the printer and HP Solution Center twice, did not solve the problem.  This problem basically renders the scanning feature of my HP4500 wireless printer as useless. 

If you try the HP Solution Center email settings, it gives the error:

The program could not find any supported e-mail program on your system.  Click OK to close the program.  Please install a supported e-mail program and then try again.

Student
negrita7227
Message 4 of 7 (446 Views)

how can i scan to email with officejet 4500 

Honor Student
bfloreza
Message 5 of 7 (225 Views)

How can I set up my printer to scan documents and attatch in e-mail? This is not user friendly.

Honor Student
bfloreza
Message 6 of 7 (223 Views)

Very poor customer service, NO RESPONSE AT ALL!!!!!!!!

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 7 of 7 (204 Views)

Hi @bfloreza,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. I gather that you would like to learn how to scan to email with your Officejet 4500 G510a printer.

I have included the How to Scan: From the Control Panel (Including Scan to Email, PDF, or JPEG) document. It will walk you through the process to scan to email.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation