Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Have downloaded HP tool to see if printer is on network.  I can Fax to and receive; print from laptop wirelessly; but, I cannot Enable Web Services.  Have tried CD, booklet, help sections, panel on printer...won't go through. 

Win7 64 bit

Turned off McAfee firewall

Downloaded and ran HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility

Don't know what to try next.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hope you are having a great day and welcome to the HP forums;

Use this reset to restore the printer to a ready condition when cartridge, paper, or other printing issues occur.

Performing a partial reset of the printer
  1. Press the Power button ( ) to turn off the product.
  2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet and the back of the product and wait 10 seconds.
  3. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet and the product.
  4. Press the Power button ( ) to turn on the product.

Since you downloaded the HP Home Network Diagnostic Utility I will asume you can run this one as well;

GO HERE  

If this did not help please include this information and I will do my best to help you.

1. Can you connect your printer through Ethernet?
  2. What router are you using?
  3. What Operating System are you using?

Best of luck:

RobertoR

:manlol: and remember

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

HP web services -- how to enable/disable on HP Pro 8600 Plus all-one printer -- ?

HP Recommended

MurrayJ How are you doing? hope you are doing well;

In your 8600 go to printer's control panel in the eprint symbol (See arrow on picture) > settings(last option in the menu)> enable or disable Web services, if you web services enable and you disable it, remember this will mean that the printer will get new printer code which may be problematic due to the fact that the current email that you are using may be locked out for 6 months.  

eprint symbol.png

The video will help you as well,

Hope this helps and answer your question;

RobertoR

:manlol: Remember==▼

You can say THANKS by clicking the KUDOS STAR. If my suggestion resolves your issue Mark as a "SOLUTION" this way others can benefit Thanks in Advance! :OpenSmile:
HP Recommended

I've done all suggested steps, but I still get "Web Services (ePrint and Apps) are not enabled on this printer." 

After going through "Enabling Web Services...",  After no success, it asks for me to "Enter Proxy".  I input my signon name and password for my ISP.  Then a couple of screens (proxy address) came up to input things and I didn't know what to put in those screens, so I input my router number.  I'm not sure I even needed to do that.

The printer does print from my wireless PC, so I know it's networked.  I just can't seem to reach through to the internet.  Obviously, I've input something incorrectly, but I do not know what.

Is it possible McAfee is keeping me from getting through to the internet with the printer?

HP Recommended

Hi LnZ, Hope you are having a great day;

I am not sure what you mean by all steps suggested,

What Operating System are you using?

How the printer is connected

Let's try this;  

You mentioned that the printer is printing wirelessly

Print a network configuration page for reference later

Click of the right arrow▲, touch setup select reports, print network configuration page. 

1. 1.   Clear all Internet history and cookies.  Restart and try.  
  2. 2.   If possible for you use a different browser. i.e firefox, chrome, safari. Restart and try.

Although HP does not recommend in the users manually assign a static IP address.

Get your Router information such as:

Default gateway address

subnet mask.

DNS Address.

Assign Static IP Address;  Type the same subnet mask, and default gateway address, that your router

front panel main buttons.png

Touch RightArrow >Setup>Network>Advance Setup>ipsettings>manual 

In the same screen assign the DNS server 8.8.8.8 and secondary or alternative 8.8.4.4

Let me know the outcome I will do my best to help you.

Regards;

RoberoR

:manlol: Remember ↓▼↓

HP Recommended

RobertoR,  Thanks for your response below.  Here's my info:

1.  Using Windows 7 Home

2.  Wireless Connection (blue wireless lit on printer & can print wirelessly from laptop to printer)

3.  I cleared all internet history & cookies and restarted PC

4.  Answers to info collected:

Default Gateway address:  192.168.1.1

subnet mask:  255.255.255.0

DNS Address:  192.168.1.2

ipv 4 Addy 192.168.1.7

DNS Server:  8.8.8.8

5.  Entered on Manual ip settings:

IP:  192.168.1.6

Subnet Mask:  255.255.255.0

Default Gateway:  192.168.1.1

Preferred Server 8.8.8.8

Alternate Server: 8.8.4.4

6.  After entering the info in the Manual Network Setup, I returned to Home and tried Apps, Enable Web Services and the screen showed it trying to enable web services and looking for any updates.

7.  Message states:  "Web Services (ePrint and Apps) could not be enabled.  I have a choice of OK, Enter Proxy or Retry.  I've tried them all, but probably didn't do the "Enter Proxy" part correctly.

I suspect that my McAfee program is somehow blocking communication between the printer and the internet.

Thank you for your help.

LnZ

HP Recommended

I recently got an Officejet pro 8600 premium.  the previous owner disabled the web service.  How do I override this setting so I can you the web options?

HP Recommended

Hello there

What you need to do is to ensure your printer is on the netwrok, than enable the web services by clicking on the "web services" icon on the printer front panel,

Here's the details steps for your reference :

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03721293

Hope this help and have fun with HP web services !

Regards

Although I am HP Employee
I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below if the information is helpful !
HP Recommended

hi, I solved the problem setting the 2 DNS addresses on the printer. Bye!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.