Question

Honor Student
fairyternlady
Message 1 of 8 (2,782 Views)

hp photo creation save as othr than project

I need to save pages from my hp photo creation  in my album as jpeg, pdf, slideshow-how do I do that

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 2 of 8 (2,775 Views)

Re: hp photo creation save as othr than project

Hi fairyternlady.

Can you explain more what you hope to do? 

One nice way to share your project is with the Share button. This appears on ship-to-home projects. When you click the button, you can upload a preview of your project to a special web page. People to whom you send the link can then flip through the pages of your project in 2D or 3D.

Here's an example book:

http://s.rocketlife.com/?19100.1333224689df7279d88b724781897ff2b3cb426796

And here's the sharing page for the collage print below:

http://s.rocketlife.com/?19100.1332713145.05ced555-5819-4c89-b88d-38bfe957b9fb 

Sharing button, collage print

Thanks for using HP Photo Creations,

RocketLife

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 3 of 8 (2,774 Views)

Re: hp photo creation save as othr than project

You can also click the Full button below the editing area to show a full-screen preview of your project, and then take a screenshot of that.

On Windows, press the Prt Sc key to take a screenshot, then paste the captured image into an email or a graphic program such as Paint.

On Mac, press Command-Shift-3. That creates an image file on your desktop.

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Honor Student
fairyternlady
Message 4 of 8 (2,770 Views)

Re: hp photo creation save as other than project

thanks for your reply-I will try both.  Actually I live in Hawaii and publish and sell my Fairy Tern Books.  I was looking for software that I could use to develop my books and send to a local publisher for them to sell.  In my initial inquiry to them I need to attach a few pages.  I used Picaboo last time and the shipping to hawaii was really expensive, even in bulk orders.  I know the more times I resave the pictures the quality goes down. I'll let you know how your suggestions work and would appropriate anymore suggestions you may have. (If you would like to see my book, how do I give you access?)Fairyternlady

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 5 of 8 (2,768 Views)

Hi again.

Interesting! If you just want to get your books out in the world, you could use the Share process. Notice the Order button on the web pages above: Anyone visiting your sharing page can order a brand-new copy of your project for themselves. We print it on demand and ship it.

However, that method is best for sharing projects like travel souvenirs — one person in a sightseeing group could create a book of all the vacation photos and then share the project link for everyone else to buy their own copy. Or an office manager could design a training poster and then send out the link for all the branches to order copies. In other words, there's no royalty for the original uploader.

So HP Photo Creations isn't set up for personal royalty publishing, but it's an interesting idea.

Warmly,

RocketLife

Top Student
RWengel
Message 6 of 8 (829 Views)

The program appears to block the Print Screen and Screen Snip functions. Clearly not allowing these functions on Vista and Win 7. It would seem that since you can only share via the program that that this is photo software second  to marketing software. Disappointing and frustrating. 

Top Student
RWengel
Message 7 of 8 (827 Views)

Disappointing and frustrating. It would seem that since you can only share via the program that that this is photo software second  to marketing software. The program appears to block the Print Screen and Screen Snip functions. Clearly not allowing these functions on Vista and Win 7.  

Master's Graduate
RocketLife
Message 8 of 8 (823 Views)

Hi RWengel.

Here's how to use the Microsoft Snipping Tool to take a screenshot of HP Photo Creations — and an explanation of how the built-in sharing feature may be a better choice:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-HP-Consumer-Products-and-Technologies/HP-Photo-Creations-Save-as-...

Hope this helps,

RocketLife 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation