Question

Honor Student
togal
Message 1 of 4 (1,812 Views)

only half my pdf prints.

[ Edited ]

I just installed HP4280, trying to print pdf but it won't print the whole page.  I have tried just printing and using the HP Smart Web Print  -  getting the same result.   Any ideas on how to fix this?   I am  running Windows 7, using dlink shareport to connect to printer.

Thanks.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 4 (1,800 Views)

Re: only half my pdf prints.

What printer model? (There are a couple of different 4280 models....)

The page here may help.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

Honor Student
togal
Message 3 of 4 (1,789 Views)

thanks for responding.   it is a Deskjet F4280 All-in-One.    It is not just pdfs, trying to print a page (that is supposed to be printable) from a website has the same problem.

I have also tried using SnagIt to copy and then print and have tried pasting into a Word document and printing.  Same thing happens.

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 4 of 4 (1,784 Views)

[ Edited ]

So does it basically fail to print any complex pages with graphics?  I would probably try temporarily connecting the printer with USB just to check the printer operation.  If this works fine then I would look into the print server as an area for investigation.

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"--V

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation