Question

Student
bamakrog
Message 1 of 3 (1,981 Views)

printing with black ink only

I have a HP photosmart c6280.  I only want to print in black only but my colored ink keeps expiring and needs to be replace too frequently.  I have tried grayscale but it still drains my color ink.  what can be done about this?????

Honor Student
Axnjxn
Message 2 of 3 (1,883 Views)

Re: printing with black ink only

Greetings!

Go to your 'Control Panel' and look up your specific printer under your Hardware and Sound. Under your printer 'preferences' choose black ink only. No guarantee, but that'll usually do it. Just ensure you 'mutually' verify under advanced options just prior to actually printing anything that you are choosing the 'black ink only' method. Some printers inevitably still print with color because the print head can overheat with friction as the head module is still commanded to assist the black ink cartridge to spit out a small amount of ink no matter what. It's a software and hardware paradox but some inkjets work off this principle that you still need to have the ink -ever so slightly- but still coming out of the print head head to complete the dark black. (I know, it sounds weird, but that's out of my realm for being able to explain the manufacturers...) Hope that helps... Cheers!

Student
flynlion
Message 3 of 3 (420 Views)

Re: printing with black ink only

can the 6280 operate with only the black cartridge installed

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation