why is my hp deskjet 1000 not working? (1829 Views)
Student
mo4550
Message 1 of 3 (1,829 Views)

why is my hp deskjet 1000 not working?

can someone help me. I've tried everything

Provost
Bob_Headrick
Message 2 of 3 (1,814 Views)

Re: why is my hp deskjet 1000 not working?

[ Edited ]

Please read this post then provide some details.  What printer model - is this the older Deskjet 1000 printer that printed up to 13"x19" or the more recent Deskjet 1000 j110a?What operating system? How is the printer connected - parallel or USB?  If USB and the older model do you have a usb-parallel cable that is supported in your operating system?  Are there any error messages on the computer or blinking lights on the printer?

Bob Headrick, Microsoft MVP Windows Expert - Consumer,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of Microsoft or HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

<----   If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You".

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ---->

Student
momconfused
Message 3 of 3 (1,474 Views)

Re: why is my hp deskjet 1000 not working?

I have completed the set up with DVD twice.  System defualts like it is supposed to  the the HP1000 like is is supposed to .  No flashing lights.  Error message in the  computer . ( print gets stuck in the que) Is is a harware issue ?  USB being used, yes the USB is working with my computer on other things other than printer. (other printers)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation