Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I want to install Windows 7 (32 bit) on my Dv5-1235dx and I need all drivers. Someone has the drivers?

Thanks so much!!

Specifications

Product Name dv5-1235dx

Product Number NB163UA#ABA

Microprocessor 2.00 GHz Intel Core2 Duo Processor T6400

Microprocessor Cache 2MB L2 Cache

Memory 4096MB

Memory Max 8192MB

Video Graphics Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500MHD

Video Memory Up to 1759MB

Hard Drive 320GB (5400RPM)

Multimedia Drive LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVD±R/RW with Double Layer Support

Display 15.4" Diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen (1280 x 800) Display

Fax/Modem High speed 56k modem

Network Card Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN

Wireless Connectivity

• 802.11b/g WLAN

Sound Altec Lansing speakers

Keyboard 101-key compatible

Pointing Device Touch Pad with On/Off button and dedicated vertical scroll Up/Down pad

PC Card Slots 1 ExpressCard/54 Slot (also supports ExpressCard/34)

External Ports

• 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, or xD Picture cards
  • 4 Universal Serial Bus (USB) 2.0, 4th port shared with eSATA
  • 2 Headphone out
  • 1 microphone-in
  • HDMI
  • 1 VGA (15-pin)
  • eSATA + USB 2.0
  • 1 RJ-11 (modem)
  • 1 RJ -45 (LAN)
  • 1 notebook expansion port 3
  • 1 Consumer IR (Remote Receiver)

Dimensions 14.05" (L) x 10.2" (D) x 1.37" (min H)/1.65" (max H)

Weight 5.83Ibs

Security

• Kensington MicroSaver lock slot
  • Power-on password
  • Accepts 3rd party security lock devices
Power
  • 65W AC Adapter
  • 12-Cell Lithium-Ion battery

What's In The Box

HP Mobile Remote Control

HP Webcam with integrated microphone

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi,

Your Vista drivers should work ok and You may download it from here.

Officail drivers from HP for Your dv5 model should be released after 22 October so You may want to wait till that time.

Some drivers which I will recommend You to install instead of this from HP site:

Intel Chipset (Install and reboot before other drivers) here

Intel Matrix Storage Manager here

Intel Graphic 4500M HD here

Realtek Family PCI-E Fast Ethernet NIC here

Synaptics Touchpad here

JMB38X Card Reader Host Controller Driver  here

** Say thanks by clicking the "Thumb up" icon below. **

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
HP Recommended

Thanks so much Daniel!!.  I'll wait to install Windows 7.

Juani 

HP Recommended

Hi, I want to install Windows 7 (32 bit) on my Dv5-1235dx and I need all drivers. Someone has the drivers?

Thanks so much

HP Recommended

Hi man!! I intalled windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit) on my laptop and almost all drivers were recognized. The rest drivers I downloaded from here

Hope I can help you!!!

HP Recommended

i load window 7 ultimate on my HP Pavilion Dv5 and the graphics was not clear VGA driver

HP Recommended

hola  mi hp dv5-1235dx no me funciona el hdmi y solo la formatie pero no aparese el drive del controlador hdmi si alguien me puede ayudar gracias.

HP Recommended

ok

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.