Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi Bob, tried your approach, HP psc 1315 printer now shows on PC with a tick, printer shows print list & says first item is being printed but nothing is happening, any ideas?

Regards Barry

HP Recommended

I spent a lot of time on installing PSC 1315 under Win-7.

Not possible with the HP file AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141 .exe.

I got it working:

- first install the driver searching by Windows update (Connect the printer and look in Hardware list for 1310.

R-click:  driver update

Reboot and try again

In Start - -- Printers the 1310 is available with a graan mark

Nice!!! Printer works and I can even scan.

Next:

Disconnect the printer

Now execute the above mentioned HP driver (AIO -----)

OK: press Install

Here I made my own choice to install and unmarked all extra programs. So only the driver is installed.

Nice, printer still operates.

Again: run HP driver (AIO_--)

Now I get sevaral choices of software, I choose HP Imaging device  function and later HP solution Center

Both installed with no problem

I can print and use the scanner functions OK]

Even the display of amount of ink is available,

Note:

I had an image backup made before I installed the HP software.

This procedure might not work if parts of previous installations are still in the registry

I restored the image and started clean.

Maybe a JV16 (Macecraft) registry cleanup might do the job.

Succes

HP Recommended

Just can't get a response from the printer... installed the updated driver per instructions, plugged in and turned on via USB... my computer does not see the printer... all connections appear intact. driver says it is installed... rebooted, the device shows in the device and printers... shows a PSC 1310 (for my 1315) as default printer... and the printer works fine by itself... prints a test page when requested on the printer menu (on the device itself) but won't print or is not shown on my computer at all.??? Unplugged, rebooted, plugged in USB per instructions.... nothing... happens...?? I know this is an old printer but it worked fine under XP but I installed 7 Home Premium 32 bit and now, nothing??? any thoughts??? need some help here.... thanks.

HP Recommended

This 64 bit Win 7 HP PSC 1315 printer driver file was loaded twice and when I attempt to run it a message appears that says that I'm running an OS XP rather than a Win 7 64 bit.  On my system list it shows I have a Win 7 64 OS.  What can I do to get this software to load properly. 

Clueless in La Conner

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem with XP, so it has nothing to do with Windows 7.  HP's support sucks when it comes to having the proper drivers and updates available.  Why should we have to buy a new printer, when the one we have is working fine, with the exception of the stupid, "reinstall the driver" that won't install from the CD OR the website!  New CDs should be free, considering the high prices you charge for your products, regardless of their age.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled my HP 1310 series all in one printer/copier/scanner 100 times, and it still pops up telling me I need to reinstall the printer every time I turn on my laptop.  I have added all the patches, the SQL server and service pack 3, but every time I turn on my computer, the window pops up telling me I have a printer to install.  Now, the director won't open, of if I can FORCE It to open, only 2 icons show up.  Because of the lousy customer support, I just bought a 2nd Dell computer, because I will NEVER buy any HP product again, unless HP does some extreme make overs in their customer support section. Also, while I'm complaining, I'm sick of the stupid pop ups for surveys, and the stupid, "Did this help?" box scrolling in the way!  No, it doesn't help.  It NEVER helps!  It's nothing but a nuisance!    I had an HP computer.  IT's JUNK!  I finally threw it in the trash because components kept going out, you somehow mixed up MY computer with someone else's when it was registered, and then told me I hadn't just bought it and it was "old" when I had just purchased it that month at Walmart.  NO MORE HP PRODUCTS FOR ME.  I'M DONE

HP Recommended

Not only would this piece of crap software not install correctly, it has now screwed up the Printer portion of my Control Panel.

Whatever happened to you HP?  You used to be beautiful.  HP and Quality were synonymous.

Now it's just plain crap.

Kind of a reflection of American craftsmanship in general.

Sad.

HP Recommended

I had no issues with this on my old computer, now I get a new HP DV6 (win 7, 64 bit) and lo & behold it doesn't work. I've tried the driver dowload & get a fatal error, uninstall, reinstall - nothing works. Tried dowload wizard, I get all the way to the end but it doesn't recognise my printer is plugged in & turned on (my computr recognises it's there), tried diagnostics still doesn't help.

And HP don't want to know anything about me because my perfectly good printer isn't under warrenty, like nith said - HP & quality used to go hand in hand, now HP & stingey go together!

Though I am hoping that someone out there is perhaps more tech savvy than I & can find a way of getting this to work:

I've tried AIO_CDB_NonNet_Full_Win_WW_130_141, HPHNDU, HPPDU, hppiw

HP Recommended

The model number HP PSC 1315 does not seem to be correct.

Method 1:
You may refer to the below links and use the troubleshooters. Check if it lists and helps resolve any issues: Open the Printer troubleshooter:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&tmp_geoLoc=true&product=37456...

Method 2:
You may check if you have the latest drivers installed for the device. You may refer to the below link for getting the latest drivers and check.

HP PSC 1315 Driver

Good Luck.

HP Recommended

PLEASE HOW I CAN DOWNLOAD FOR  Printer HP SC 1315 and Windows 7 drivers

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.